Light-O-Rama Forums

sequence editor problem

sysco

i'm using 2.8.8 all the sequences that i have made up so far and have been playing with out any problems tried them this morning none will play they start then freeze any ideas thank you Blair

Just like anything else on a computer, start with a reboot, then restart the sequence editor and see if that fixed the freezing.

If it didnt, I would run a scan disk on that hard drive, see if there are any bad spots on that cluster.

I'd then try d/l'ing the latest S2 version.. you say you have 2.8.8.. 2.8.10 is the latest version on the LOR Software page.

TJ Hvasta wrote:

Just like anything else on a computer, start with a reboot, then restart the sequence editor and see if that fixed the freezing.

If it didnt, I would run a scan disk on that hard drive, see if there are any bad spots on that cluster.

I'd then try d/l'ing the latest S2 version.. you say you have 2.8.8.. 2.8.10 is the latest version on the LOR Software page.

TJ it is stil freezing at one tenth of a second,:? down loaded 2.8.10 that did not work either, can't create another sequence.This is what it is saying, total time of this media file has not yet been determined.New Musical Sequence Error Blair

sysco wrote:

TJ Hvasta wrote:

TJ it is stil freezing at one tenth of a second,:? down loaded 2.8.10 that did not work either, can't create another sequence.This is what it is saying, total time of this media file has not yet been determined.New Musical Sequence Error Blair

I had the exact same problem last week, after a reboot it worked fine.

you're using a constant-bit-rate, 128kbps .mp3 media file? I'd expect that "can't determine media file length" from a .wma or .wav.. Does it freeze with any sequence/song?

When you loaded 2.8.10 did you uninstall 2.8.8 or install over it? I think I have a couple versions back you can try. 2.7.6 I think is the earliest I have.. Might be an idea to try an earlier one to see if it still freezes or works, tho you might lose some options (RGB,etc)

Does the Hardware Utility work the lights ok? Have you tried a controller board reset? Its a software problem, but just an idea..

total time of this media file has not yet been determined

You might want to try using an audio editor (such as Audacity) to convert the song to another format (for example, if you have an MP3 file, convert it to WAV), and changing the sequence to use the newly converted copy instead.

Gentlemen i thank you kindly for all your replies and suggestions only here on lor forums would you fine such help.Got an email from Dan stating that i should try windows media player My problem is solved , this is what happened

IDT - HIGH DEFINIATION AUDIO CODEC -- Windows media player can not play the file because there is a problem with your sound divice . There may not be a sound divice installed on your computer. Went back to the previous setting 3 days ago ,hit restored everything working ;) thank you Blair