Light-O-Rama Forums

linking Multiple Controllers

jim6918

I sure thought I had read about this subject someplace but a search couldn't find anything.

Do you have to link controllers together in numerical order, i.e.: 01 to 02, 02 to 03, 03 to 04, etc?

For neatness in my controller enclosure and length of a couple of Cat 5 cables, it would be easier for me to link 01 to 06, 06 to 02, and so on.

Any problems doing this? I already know that the Unit ID's are correct and no conflicts.

Thanks Don. Just wanted to be sure. Last year i put my enclosure together in bad weather. and had CAT 5 and AC power cables going everywhere. This year I added a 6th controller to that enclosure and had to mount it next to #01. I reran the AC and CAT 5 and everything is neat and tidy. Ready for the channel wiring.

Mountainwxman wrote:

Try 40 of them scattered out on the lawn.

40???? For God's sake do you have your own power plant on your property? It's squeezing every amp I can get out of an extra 100 amp subpanel to just run 6 controllers, and that's with a substantial upgrade to LED's this year. My 7th controller is going on an used outdoor circuit.

I sure envy you.