Light-O-Rama Forums

Does LOR software send a MIDI signal?

morrisonstreet

I was reading about the midi wizard and was wondering if there's a way for the software to actually send a midi signal or if it merely uses the midi to create a rhythm for the channels to use?

I just purchased one of those midi-animated skulls for Halloween. I have created the midi track I need to make it talk and would love to incorporate it into my LOR show. But from what it looks like after reading, it doesn't look possible. The skull needs to receive the midi signal, not electricity.

I thought maybe I might have missed something in the docs.

What about the other light-show softwares?

I think this might be a possible solution for you to use the midi file you created not sure how other than maybe left side speaker is music for your show, and right side feeds the midi to your skull but.... using the windows command in lor run something like this C:Program Files (x86)Windows Media Playerwmplayer.exe C:Audiofrosty.mid this is with vista.. but gives an idea how one might have two things playing at once

pyromill wrote:

I think this might be a possible solution for you to use the midi file you created not sure how other than maybe left side speaker is music for your show, and right side feeds the midi to your skull but.... using the windows command in lor run something like this C:Program Files (x86)Windows Media Playerwmplayer.exe C:Audiofrosty.mid this is with vista.. but gives an idea how one might have two things playing at once
Hmmm...I don't quite get that as I'm terrible when it comes to the PC...I"m a mac guy. I barely get my shows programmed and running most of the time! LOL

So there's an option in the LOR software that would trigger another program to play the midi file? I have XP not Vista.