Jump to content
Light-O-Rama Forums

Ideas!


rgardner518

Recommended Posts

I need Ideas! There is outlining things, flood lights, mega treas, arches, blow molds, BLANK! What are some ideas to use to decorate? I need help. I have a blank!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

There's literally hundreds of videos at your disposal through the LOR video pages and through members' websites. If those don't give you any ideas there's not much that can be added with words. I'll share my new ideas for this year with you after the season.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Well Im stuck on an EL Wire kick this season, so thats all I can think about... I want to make EVERYTHING out of EL Wire. I want bushes, static Trees, leaping arches. Mega Trees of EL Wire. Its just like ropelight, only more Neon looking.

But thats My own obsession, and I'm sure its just not for everyone.

Something I have noticed, an "Underlying theme" if you will - We all spend a lot of time simulating motion. Trees, arches, all with tons of channels just to make it "appear" as if the light moved. Why dont we put the simulated motion to bed, and make things move.

Motors, turn tabels, ServoDog - There are plenty of ways to make something move, spin, shake or twirl.

Take an every day object that moves and strap some lights to it.

Im working on something sort of like a pinwheel at the moment, (with lights on the spinning part) but Its like item 254 on my to-do list, so I dono if it will make it out this season.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

gizmomkr wrote:

Why dont we put the simulated motion to bed, and make things move.

I live in the freezer so at the moment, it’s easier to just make the lights look like they’re moving.

I have access to some more powerful motors so eventually I would like to include actual motion.
Link to comment
Share on other sites

ErnieHorning wrote:

I live in the freezer so at the moment, it’s easier to just make the lights look like they’re moving.

People who live down south don't realize how happy we are during the winter to see that WE'RE still moving in the cold - never mind the lights...
Link to comment
Share on other sites

gizmomkr wrote:

My parents grew up in Queens NY...

21893 98th Ave... an address in Queens where the first love of my life lived back in the 1960's...
Link to comment
Share on other sites

George Simmons wrote:

ErnieHorning wrote:
I live in the freezer so at the moment, it’s easier to just make the lights look like they’re moving.

People who live down south don't realize how happy we are during the winter to see that WE'RE still moving in the cold - never mind the lights...


To me everything looks more Christmasee with snow.

Hides all the extension cables.

Tear down sucks tho...
Link to comment
Share on other sites

PaulXmas wrote:

George Simmons wrote:
ErnieHorning wrote:
I live in the freezer so at the moment, it’s easier to just make the lights look like they’re moving.

People who live down south don't realize how happy we are during the winter to see that WE'RE still moving in the cold - never mind the lights...


To me everything looks more Christmasee with snow.

Hides all the extension cables.

Tear down sucks tho...


Sure until the snow builds up to 36" and then all your lights are useless and buried until the spring when they thaw out.
thats what happened to me last year.
Link to comment
Share on other sites

gizmomkr wrote:


My parents grew up in Queens NY - I have the skin of a northerner stuck in the south. I"ll wear shorts into December. I cant stand the Summer months! Bring on the cold.

ME 2!! Moved from NY to SC. Good lord, I HATE the heat!!!!! Yes Gizmo, BRING ON THE COLD!!!!
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
×
×
  • Create New...