Light-O-Rama Forums

Thankful.....

Bob Wingert

Joined this forum back in January after watching a video of Richard Holdmans home. Thats when it hit me, like a ton of bricks! I can do this too! As a Newbie, I walked into this thing like Stevie Wonder...Or Legally Blonde, either way I was totally clueless. After several hundered ridiculous questions have been answered by you guys, I feel like I had a little more grip on this. Eventually (with any luck) I will oneday be able to lend my assistance back to the poor new guys :)

With that said, I'd like to Thank EVERYONE for lending me their knowledge & support! The straight answers...the sarcastic one's & the funny one's. Its all been really appreciated! Without being on here, I'd probably still be in the dark and would have chucked the controllers out my front window... Albeit I'd have a heck of a lot more money in the bank! :( But thats life....Thanks again guys/gals!!

Don't know if I ever answered any of your questions but,

You're quite welcome.

We all enjoy spreading the lighting disease.

pokrplr wrote:

The straight answers...the sarcastic one's & the funny one's.

Are there guys on here that give anything but straight answers???

1511761.GIF

Jeff Millard wrote:

Yep. George!

I am shocked and appalled to see my good name besmirched in such a manner! I dare anyone to name just one example when I gave someone anything but a straight answer... go ahead... name just one time...

Geez, this is the thanks a person gets... Pork puller comes here and gives us all a heartfelt thanks for dragging him screaming and kicking in the direction of knowledge and understanding and what happens? Malcontents of every shape and size come out of the woodwork to pile on. Shameful... simply shameful...

George Simmons wrote

I dare anyone to name just one example when I gave someone anything but a straight answer... go ahead... name just one time...

I agree with George!! I dare ANYONE to be able to just name ONE example!!!

I mean...how could you stop at just one!?!?!?!

1511769.GIF

Brian Mitchell wrote:

LOL, I wonder if my wife will by that?

wife: "Honestly dear, you need to stop buying Christmas lights or I am going to divorce you!"

Me: "I can't stop!!! Its a disease....."

LMAO

Dan C wrote:

Brian Mitchell wrote:

LOL, I wonder if my wife will by that?

wife: "Honestly dear, you need to stop buying Christmas lights or I am going to divorce you!"

Me: "I can't stop!!! Its a disease....."

LMAO

She didn't say anything about controllers !

Guest Don Gillespie

Jimswinder wrote I agree with George!! I dare ANYONE to be able to just name ONE example!!!

I mean...how could you stop at just one!?!?!?!

I totally agree I can't name just one but I could name about 75 but that would take up to much time for everyone who helps answer questions we all appreciate it and by the way jim where did you get icon I love him
:}

Jeff Millard wrote:

ALL RIGHT! WHICH ONE OF YOU HIJACKED MY ACCOUNT AND POSTED BAD THINGS ABOUT GEORGE???

;-)

j

Probably George....

1511081.GIF

George's Quote,

Hey Paul,

Could you please clarify your sale date? Does it really begin on the first, or are you just saying that to confuse us? What time on the first? Is that eastern or central time? What time in Ontario?

This is my all time favorite quote from George.
It's in reply to someone trying to use a discount code at CDI,
a few days before the sale started.
Thanks George, You make this forum fun!

Thanks guys. It's nice to feel needed. Ever since I got old enough where I no longer took myself seriously, I figured it was okay not to take anyone else seriously either. Screw 'em if they can't take a joke... Or maybe it's male menopause or something. Some days I can suffer idiots in silence and other days I just can't seem to keep my mouth shut. And thank you, Hollywood. I thought at the time that post was one of my better efforts, yet it didn't seem to trigger any kind of response or get the thread locked or deleted or anything. It's heartening to know that someone noticed and got the point.

Jeff Millard wrote:

C'mon George, ya gotta know we all love you... or we wouldn't poke fun at you... and those goofy LEDs yer so fond of.
J

Hey George...

Wanna go over to Jeff's house some night this year and exchange all his incandescents with LED's??

1511767.GIF