Light-O-Rama Forums

Windows 7 newbie

RaceMedic

Sorry folks ....

Off topic sort of but I have wasted a couple of hours figuring this out ... and I can't.

I downloaded a mp3 clip off the internet .... the final jeopardy theme for having my lights on to take pictures.

I can play it as part of my play list in Windows 7 but I can't find the song where it is to import it into audiocity !

I am new to windows 7 so it has been a struggle ... anyone have experience with this !?

Thanks,

Dave

Untill someone who has Windows 7 comes along. I will try to help. Under my documents you will have My video, My pictures, My music. And you might find a file that something to the effect of My downloads?

This is just a shot in the dark based on Vista and its layout. From my desktop I have an icon that is my documents and then the above files were in that folder.

Hope I am right and this was of help. Otherwise wait till a W7 user comes along.

I'm a Windows 7 newbie myself. I did notice that the default location for downloads appears to be in the "My Documents" folder.

You might find it there.

In Win7 under your login, there is a Download directory, unless the pointer was set somewhere else, it should have been dumped here.

Attached files 211732=11807-win7.png

Wow ....

Thank-you for all the quick replies ... as usual.

I will have to double check ... it shows up as playlist and it is not showing as an mp3 file ... thinking after the fact ... maybe it is in the download section ... I was in the my music section ... or maybe it is a hidden file.

I will check all the recommendations .... STILL adjusting to Windows 7 !

Thanks everyone !

Dave

It should be in Documents, My Downloads.

I recently downloaded a song and it saved without the .mp3 extension so that LOR did not see it. I had to rename the file song.mp3 and then it found it.

Hmmm .....

STILL stumped .... it is not in my download area and I had not changed the destination location but also did not pay attention to where it was saved.

I did a search for all files .mp3 and it does not come up but I can still play it on the unnamed playlist ONLY in the windows media player.

Any further suggestions !?

Dave

I have some files that didn't show when I look in documents/downloads but when I go

OS© Documents and Settings (your log in) Downloads

then hidden files showed up

You may have to go into folder options to allow access.

RaceMedic wrote:

Hmmm .....

STILL stumped .... it is not in my download area and I had not changed the destination location but also did not pay attention to where it was saved

Go and save it again (Save As so you can catch the file directory) and watch where it is saved...

It appears that it may not save it after all but rather access it at a site ... doesn't help me.

I am looking for the FINAL JEOPARDY THEME to use as my all lights on photograph opportunity !

Dave

RaceMedic wrote:

It appears that it may not save it after all but rather access it at a site ... doesn't help me.

I am looking for the FINAL JEOPARDY THEME to use as my all lights on photograph opportunity !

Dave

looks like you cana download it from here:

http://abmp3.com/mp3/final-jeopardy-theme.html

Medic..

Right-Click on the .mp3 link, choose "Save Target As.." and at the Download Location, on the left side of the screen, choose DESKTOP, then OK. Once it's saved there, you can move it to where you want.