Jump to content
Light-O-Rama Forums

Cut off Fonts in LOR program vs 2.8.8


Tom L.

Recommended Posts

I'm having problems with several of the drop down panels with the new version of LOR vs 2.8.8. The lettering (Fonts) are cut off and in some cases I do not know the button's function, see attached photo of just one of the drop down panels.

Any one else having similar problems? and is there a fix? :?


Attached files 211371=11785-Color fade.JPG

Link to comment
Share on other sites

One Option: Have you checked you windows font size:

Control Panel/Display/Appearance/Font Size: *Normal, Extra Large, Large

This can and will affect the default font size of windows fonts used, without regard to the button or window it is used for.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Max-Paul wrote:

I wonder if screen resolution has any effect? BTW what is your screen resolution set to?


I reset the screen resolution on several settings with no change. I'm currently on my laptop computer (HP Envy 15 - I7). I'm going to re-load the LOR program and see if that fixes the problem.
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Tom L. wrote:

Max-Paul wrote:
I wonder if screen resolution has any effect? BTW what is your screen resolution set to?


I reset the screen resolution on several settings with no change. I'm currently on my laptop computer (HP Envy 15 - I7). I'm going to re-load the LOR program and see if that fixes the problem.




I do not think that reloading the software will help (but I hope it does!)....

What version of windows do you have running on that PC and do you by chance know what DPI setting you have on the display?

Dan
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Dan, the resolution on my laptop is set at 1920 x 1080. I've used several lower settings with the same results.

LightORamaDan wrote:

Tom L. wrote:
Max-Paul wrote:
I wonder if screen resolution has any effect? BTW what is your screen resolution set to?


I reset the screen resolution on several settings with no change. I'm currently on my laptop computer (HP Envy 15 - I7). I'm going to re-load the LOR program and see if that fixes the problem.




I do not think that reloading the software will help (but I hope it does!)....

What version of windows do you have running on that PC and do you by chance know what DPI setting you have on the display?

Dan


Link to comment
Share on other sites

The resulution and the DPI settings are different things ( too much technicals stuff )...

Do know what version of windows OS you have (XP, Vista, Win7... )?

Dan

Link to comment
Share on other sites

LightORamaDan wrote:

The resulution and the DPI settings are different things ( too much technicals stuff )...

Do know what version of windows OS you have (XP, Vista, Win7... )?

Dan




Dan, I installed the latest graphics driver with no improvement. My operating system is: Windows 7 - 64 bit.
Link to comment
Share on other sites

LightORamaDan wrote:

Thanks for the info...

There are so many settings on things. Can you verify the font size as per this link: http://www.techtalkz.com/windows-7/516049-how-change-font-size-icon-size-windows-7-a.html



Thanks
Dan



My font size is set at 100% (smallest font settings)
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I am starting to run out of ideas... We can make some changes to the code to make things better but that will not be quick. I was hoping to do some setting that will get us past this issue on your machine.

Dan

Link to comment
Share on other sites

LightORamaDan wrote:

I am starting to run out of ideas... We can make some changes to the code to make things better but that will not be quick. I was hoping to do some setting that will get us past this issue on your machine.

Dan



Thanks Dan, for your assistance. I'm going to re-install the complete LOR program including the vs 2.8.8 up-date. Perhaps that will fix the problem.
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Thanks Dan, for your assistance. I'm going to re-install the complete LOR program including the vs 2.8.8 up-date.

I really doubt this is part of the problem, but just in case:

There should never be any need to install any version other than the one that you're trying to ultimately get to. That is, for example, if you're trying to install 2.8.8, there's no need to first install anything other than 2.8.8. You can just run the 2.8.8 installer, and only the 2.8.8 installer.

Installing earlier versions first shouldn't hurt, but it won't help, and so you might as well keep things as simple as possible (especially in cases where there's some strange problem going on).
Link to comment
Share on other sites

bob wrote:

Has this ever happened to you on any version prior to 2.8.8?


Bob, I noticed that when I re-installed all of the versions of LOR it has the same problem. (on the 5 month old HP Envy 15) I just installed LOR vs 2.8.10 with the same results.

When I installed the upgrades (vs 2.8.10) to a smaller computer (4 year old HP laptop with Windows XP pro) there were no problems, everything runs great.

Thanks, Tom
Link to comment
Share on other sites

It seems like it has to be related to something akin to the DPI setting on your particular machine, but all of the settings that you've said seem normal to me. I'll poke around to try to find out if there's some other setting that I'm not familiar with.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Oh, and just to hopefully help work around the issue a little bit:

You said:

in some cases I do not know the button's function

It might help to open up the help file page that is related to the dialog in question. Such pages often contain a picture of what the dialog is supposed to look like, so you might be able to see the label of the button there.
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
×
×
  • Create New...