Light-O-Rama Forums

Can't Find any Units???

jaki54321

Hi guys,

I need some help. I don't know why, but the hardware utility won't find the units when I click refresh. It is only finding 1 port (#3 port) and the other says none. I have tried everything and I don't know why this is happening. Could it be because I am running windows 7? I have tried every trick in the book and I have looked on the started guide to make sure I had it configured correctly. I have also restarted my computer, turn off the box, turn it back on, unplugged the port, unplugged the USB485B, replugged everything back in, and nothing. Any help would be appreciated. Also, I updated my firmware to v 2.8.10 it still didn't fix the problem. I am starting to wonder if I sould just uninstall everything and install it again.

Thanks,

Jackie

Attached files 210980=11765-Capture.PNG

What type of adapter are you using? If you are using the RS485B, then you need to make sure you installed the drivers that came with the unit. It sounds like you've covered the basics, but just in case...

Make sure the controller is powered on. You'll want a CAT5 cable going from the adapter to the controller.

From the sound of it (and recent past experience) I would guess the software for the adapter is not installed. This would be why LOR Hardware can find the correct COM port, but not the LOR Unit.

Thanks for the replies. I have found the problem. I had to uninstall the USB device and reinstall it with a windows vista update. It is windows 7, but the windows vista update worked on it, so it fixed all the problems I was having.

Thanks again,

Jackie