Light-O-Rama Forums

USB for X10

Guest guest

circus4u wrote:

Rather than using the CM11A serial adapter to control X10, is there a USB adapter that will work with LOR and X10?

Not currently. This might be a feature of LOR II, but I'm not sure if Dan's confirmed that yet.

-Tim

Tim and Dan,

Ok, I know you two guys have the know how with the X-10 stuff, so what is the best way to make it work with my show. Here is what I plan, I want to have my static lights on normal, then shut them off when I run my musical show. Then back on until the next show. My plan is to run a show every half hour for about 10-12 minutes. I think I remember Tim talking about having an X-10 show for off and on and scheduling that with your regular show? Does that sound right? SInce I am new to the X-10 world, I could use anything to make it easy. I purchased 2 duplex outlets with a line through that is supposed to shut the power to all outlets after them, so that is how I plan on running it. Just looking for some help with programming it all out.

Thanks,

Chris

cghargis wrote:

Tim and Dan,

Ok, I know you two guys have the know how with the X-10 stuff, so what is the best way to make it work with my show. Here is what I plan, I want to have my static lights on normal, then shut them off when I run my musical show. Then back on until the next show. My plan is to run a show every half hour for about 10-12 minutes. I think I remember Tim talking about having an X-10 show for off and on and scheduling that with your regular show? Does that sound right? SInce I am new to the X-10 world, I could use anything to make it easy. I purchased 2 duplex outlets with a line through that is supposed to shut the power to all outlets after them, so that is how I plan on running it. Just looking for some help with programming it all out.

I'd probably set up two shows:

1) Your musical show
2) Your 'static' "show".

The musical show will have the X-10 channels off, and do your cool LOR thing (musical sequences). The 'static' show will have your X-10 channels on, and also any other LOR-controlled channels you might like on (animation sequences).

Then just use the scheduler to schedule a show every half hour for 10-12 minutes. Fill in the "gaps" with the static show. You don't have to have the timings perfect, because a musical sequence will always finish before moving onto the next show. Just make sure the time you schedule is long enough to at least get into your last song.

Hope that helps,

-Tim

I did exactly that last year.
I created a short animation sequence that faded all my lights and turned off my X10 spotlights before the start of each musical show and then turned them back on with another short sequence after the show. It was like a theater with the houselights fading to black before the show