Light-O-Rama Forums

Color Changing Multiple Pixels

ryebred

I was wondering if there was a way to update the color on multiple pixels at a time? I have a complex animation sequence on two CCR's and I want to reuse it later in the song but with a different color. So I copy and paste the sequence to the new point in the song and now I want to update all the pixels from say white to green. Is there a way to do this without expanding all 50 pixels and deleting the red and blue on each one?

ryebred wrote:

I was wondering if there was a way to update the color on multiple pixels at a time? I have a complex animation sequence on two CCR's and I want to reuse it later in the song but with a different color. So I copy and paste the sequence to the new point in the song and now I want to update all the pixels from say white to green. Is there a way to do this without expanding all 50 pixels and deleting the red and blue on each one?

How about this: expand just the first pixel and delete the red and blue. Then collapse the pixel, copy the cell and paste multiple down.

That is what I do for most of the animation sequences on the CCR. That and the chase. But this particular part of the sequence has almost all 50 pixels on each CCR being used at the same time and they are doing a chase over time with fade effects of varying lengths. I could copy and paste the full on parts but then I would need to have multiple copies and pastes with all the fades. Almost less time to just click the off tool and drag it across the 10 seconds or so of the effect to delete all the colors I don't need.

What would be nice is to be able to select a block of the sequence and then select a color tool, similar to the color fade tool but with only one color, and have all the ON's convert to that color.

This may help. It is one way to change colors but it will be solid colors only.

You can copy the stuff you want to change into the new area (or change it where is is).

Then click the foreground effects button (near the intensity tool question mark button)

Select the color fade button and set a solid color, use the mouse to create a selection box over the area. Only the cells that are on will be changed to the new solid color.

Dan

Thanks Dan for the suggestion. I can get this to work for some colors. If the existing color is red and I change it to solid green, it ends up erasing all of the ON's instead of converting them to green. Same goes when converting from solid green to solid blue. Going from white to any of the other solid colors seems to work though.

I can't seem to get it to recognize the fade either. When going from a successful color combo like white to red it replaces the fade squares with full red. This suggestion did help though in a large section that I had which was white and I wanted to convert it to red.

ryebred wrote:

Thanks Dan for the suggestion. I can get this to work for some colors. If the existing color is red and I change it to solid green, it ends up erasing all of the ON's instead of converting them to green. Same goes when converting from solid green to solid blue. Going from white to any of the other solid colors seems to work though.

I can't seem to get it to recognize the fade either. When going from a successful color combo like white to red it replaces the fade squares with full red. This suggestion did help though in a large section that I had which was white and I wanted to convert it to red.

I knew it would not do fades but I thought it would let you switch red to green (I just tried as did you and I was wrong)... I think that should have worked will look into it.

Dan

• 2 years later...

Sorry to answer my own question. This seems to work, but is kludgy:

1) expand the rgb channel that you want to re-color

2) make sure that there is something for all three parts (if you have one or two the the three off, copy one of the on channels to that channel)

3) click foreground effects

4) select the color fade an cover the area and all of the previous areas that were on in any color will be the new color

This worked for me, but I'm still hoping that there is a better way.

• The topic was locked