Light-O-Rama Forums

Unit not found

Guest guest

I powered up two unit Sunday (one was a Kit, the other was factory wired). I ran the hardware uitlity on both unit connected in a daisy chain fashion and both units were found by running the "Auto config" . I had the both units wired to a test board made up of C7 lamps on each channel. I ran a few sequences on the test board, lights worked as programmed perfectly. I left both boards powered up overnight for a burn-in. Monday evening, the factory wired board (blue board) did not respond. the LED is burning steady that indicates it is communicating, but no response. I re-ran the hardware utility again, with this board connected only. Results: "0 unit found". Fuses checked ok. Dan, I have another DIY kit (16 channel, low power) not yet assembled, if there is a suspect component that can be replaced, which one is the most likely failure?

thanks for any help

Daniel, I don't think that i did, because both units were working properly when I closed LOR sunday night. I will check tonight on your suggestion. How do I clear the memory. Is that done in hardware utility?

We do not have any compoent that typically fails on the controllers...

When things were powered up over night, what was the configuration: What cables were connected? Was the PC powered up? What type of adapter is used.....

Check that the Unt ID is correct. Sometimes the Unit ID switches are not centered on thier values and they change. Just take a little screw driver and click them back and forth and make sure they are seated properly at the correct unit ID values. Do this with the unit unplugged then plug it back in.

Try reseting the controller... power down: set unit ID to "00" then power back up wait a few seconds then turn it off. Set it back to the original unit ID.

Dan, sunday night, was running a few sequences through both units, and were working properly using the serial adaptor and cat5 cables connected daisy chain. during the burn-in period overnight, the PC was on and the LOR software was closed, both units was left powered on. when I closed LOR the LEDs blinked. Monday night I opened LOR and both LEDs burned steady and unit two worked properly. I did change the unit ID on the one not working and ran the "auto config" with only the inoperative unit connected and still "no unit found" then change back to the original ID and "no unit found". I have not tried the reset procedure, will do tonight. Any other suggustions?

thanks, Ray