Light-O-Rama Forums

LOR Software

Guest guest

Actually, what I need to correct in one sequence is the size of the little blocks (for lack of a better term) to .05 second steps. It seems I've somehow created a lot of different length "blocks" in the "time graph".

Is there a way to change all my "event squares" back to .05 sec?

Here's how I re-create my animation window, because channel export and import does not bring in your animation window, it didn't for me, anyway:

1) Save your current song, SONG-A.lms as a copy, SONG-B.lms

2) Then open SONG-B.lms, and select all of your time cells, and turn them off (probably don't even need to do this step), then do a FILE > New Musical Sequence, and it will start over with a clean slate, but you'll have all your channels and animation window.

The blocks you speak of, which are time slots, I have had the same thing happen, with strange shrinkings from my declared .10 time slot size, and I think it's due to the use of the tapper wizard, and I have not been able to get it to give me perfect continuous .10 slots probably due to my not always tapping on perfect .10 time. You'll get a few seconds in a row of great slots, then 3 or 4 slots that scrunched together.

Even though I selected in the menu to snap beats to the next time event within .04 second, it still does not help. I still get scrunchies. Could be a bug in the tapper.

So here's a workaround:

So from now on, I might just stop using the tapper, and let the program create it's own perfect template, then come in later after the song is read in, and add a click track. You do this by right clicking your top channel, and choose "Insert Channel Above", and just manually indicate on the click track where the beats should be, add them as the song progresses.

Also, as you get going in this, you'll find your eye adjusts perfectly to the moving vertical cursor, and you'll see exactly where a transition is, relying less on the click track, and more on the light track patterns to the beat of the music.

Also, since most songs have repetitive sections and choruses, make good use of cut and paste.

For example, say you're doing Mary Had A Li-tle- Lamb... Li-tle Lamb... Li-tle Lamb...

you should be thinking this:

Mary had a PASTE PASTE PASTE... PASTE PASTE PASTE...PASTE PASTE PASTE.

See the photo I added below that shows the phenomenon of the scrunched up time slots, right at 48:00 on the timeline, and also just after 49:00. you'll see 2 of these slots. Maybe Dan at Light-O-Rama can shed some "light" on this!

Attached files 68837=4169-junk.jpg

Seems like I was importing A to B, when I should have been importing B to A. I recreated the channels with .05 time slots...and re-tapped @.05 as well. All seems to look well, now...but I'm sure I'll be back here soon. :P

I'm glad to see a good community forum here. This is always MUCH easier than the best of manuals.

Much Thanx!

jeffostroff wrote:

Here's how I re-create my animation window, because channel export and import does not bring in your animation window, it didn't for me, anyway:
If you choose to export your channel config, the animation window will follow with it. When you import the channel config to a new sequence, it will prompt you in asking if you want the animation along with the channel config. Click yes and there you go.
Mary had a PASTE PASTE PASTE... PASTE PASTE PASTE...PASTE PASTE PASTE.
Actually, I think it would be Mary had a Copy Copy Copy THEN... PASTE PASTE PASTE...PASTE PASTE PASTE. Just a small corrective measure.

Absolute,

You might try starting out at 0.5 or .10 on new sequences and see if the timing works for you. Some people have the nack for the tapper and some people don't. I prefer the 0.10 myself and can make adjustments on the event timing when needed. Every body has their way of sequencing and you'll soon have yours. Try it both ways and see which one comes easier for you. Either way, it will be a long road per sequence in getting the timing just right and then figuring out what to do with each channel during those timing marks. The more you do, the easier it gets (or at least it seems to anyway).

Tom

You may want to ask Dan if you're having trouble with the software. Edit Menu-->Export Channel Configuration will save your current channel layout and animation window. So when you open a new sequence, just choose Edit Menu-->Import Channel Configuration and you'll get both the channels and the animation window.

I suspect you're doing something wrong if the animation window doesn't import. Maybe you didn't draw anything in the animation window before exporting your original channel configuration? I suggest trying it again because import/export is an extremely handy tool.