Light-O-Rama Forums

Version 2.8 Glitch No. 1

nmonkman

HOLY COW!!!!! Look at this............BAAAAAAAAAABBBBYYYYYYYYYYY!!

I opened the display options and changed the color setting from "Highest 32 Bit" to "Lowest 16 Bit" and that did the trick.

It is a little hard to get used to, but at least I can see the grid now and use the software!!

Attached files 208243=11576-LOR 2.8 Screen Shot 5.jpg

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• nmonkman

• LightORamaDan

• Linda

• Keith Adams

Dan posted in another thread he will be releasing a version on Friday that will fix some issues people have reported. Maybe it will help yours.

As of right now if your problems are like mine with the grid being out ouf alignment and when clicking in the grid it clicking the box below not the one you clicked change the settings like nmonkman it fixed my problems to. All I had to do was go to 16 bit instead of 32 bit. Now yes I hope they do fix the bug because I would like to be able to go back to 32 bit but we will wait and see.

I keep getting the following error message:

GetInline.aspx?messageid=c7c1e659-a0b1-11df-a5c2-00237de4615e&attindex=0&cp=-1&attdepth=0&imgsrc=cid%3aimage001.jpg%4001CB3482.BC4F7D70&hm__login=circus4u&hm__domain=msn.com&ip=10.13.20.8&d=d3428&mf=0&hm__ts=Fri%2c%2006%20Aug%202010%2002%3a46%3a33%20GMT&st=circus4u%402&hm__ha=01_c334d6c9f2aaf9ffb05f78e570f5a2f38db9ac324a207f6b6db6c690f75fea53&oneredir=1

I no longer seem to have an incentive to do sequencing or even look for the file. Best upgrade that Dan and company have come up with! hic!

@ rescue653

Well it was not the end of the problem. I can see the grid, but it wants to freeze in portions like when you freeze frames in Excel.

I can scroll all the way through but the top 6 channels or so wont move.

I am back to 2.7.6 for a while. I have alot of catching up to do.

It will all work out in time.

Denny wrote:

I keep getting the following error message:

GetInline.aspx?messageid=c7c1e659-a0b1-11df-a5c2-00237de4615e&attindex=0&cp=-1&attdepth=0&imgsrc=cid%3aimage001.jpg%4001CB3482.BC4F7D70&hm__login=circus4u&hm__domain=msn.com&ip=10.13.20.8&d=d3428&mf=0&hm__ts=Fri%2c%2006%20Aug%202010%2002%3a46%3a33%20GMT&st=circus4u%402&hm__ha=01_c334d6c9f2aaf9ffb05f78e570f5a2f38db9ac324a207f6b6db6c690f75fea53&oneredir=1

I no longer seem to have an incentive to do sequencing or even look for the file. Best upgrade that Dan and company have come up with! hic!

Cannot see the picture so we have no information to help with this.

Dan

Craig Dye wrote:

I am having a problem with 2.8.6 also. The program seemed to install OK, but when I try to open or start a new sequence, the computer reboots. I tried changing the video aceleration in 1 notch down increaments, same problem with file open or new seq. When I went to full off, the computer rebooted on apply change. If I start the program and cancel the opening box, the program / PC will stay running.

I am using XP home, SP 3. ASUS P5QL-EM MB, with Intel core 2 quad 2.4 GHz. 2 GB DDR2 RAM.

In reading the other posts with issues, I did update windows on hardware and SW before installing program. Also disabled firewall and anti-virus before install.

I have OpenGL settings 9 x that I can change like triple buffering and force texture compression to name a few. I am way over my head making changes on my own in this area.

It probably re-booted 5-6 times with no error warning or screen. And it seems to be running a slow now.

Craig

Here is a update to the problem I am having.

I updated the video driver from ASUS site and now I can get sequencer to load and play / create a sequence. But now I has strange behavior it that moving the mouse around the file menu area will bring up a temp window on the grid - like the tool tip pop up and it will have every window and sub menu in this pop up. It is temporary and when I click on the grid it goes away. Then for examble I open a fade menu - that be in the next ghost pop up, they just keep building up. I have going into control panel and adjusted mouse settings - did not help, but the control panel was now in the ghost pop up. I turned off tool tip in preferences, it did seam to reduce it but still there. Does anyone else see this behavior?

On a seperate note, I received a Try For Free blue note in my LOR order! Thank you Dan, Alex and LOR team. Made my day.

Craig

But now I has strange behavior it that moving the mouse around the file menu area will bring up a temp window on the grid - like the tool tip pop up and it will have every window and sub menu in this pop up. It is temporary and when I click on the grid it goes away. Then for examble I open a fade menu - that be in the next ghost pop up, they just keep building up. I have going into control panel and adjusted mouse settings - did not help, but the control panel was now in the ghost pop up.

I'm not sure that I completely understand what you're describing - could you please get a video capture or a screen shot of it? Thanks.

I had the same issue also as nmonkman and rescue_653 and also tried different settings with the graphics properties that did not work ( Intel 945 Express Chipset Family)the laptop is HP Pavillion dv6000(about 4years old) the OS is Vista home premium.

But I got it working with no more issues with the black screens or with the channel 1 all white down the length of the sequence.What I did first was start with Dan's suggestion on starting with the graphics properties. First right clicking on the desktop then clicking on graphic properties, then information , then support, then the link to graphic drivers downloads (Intels website) there I downloaded the program that checks your system on what driver version you have in this case I had the original version ( never updated or really needed to before) so i downloaded and installed the new driver and...........bam! it worked. No more black screens or any more issues at all with the screen. I know this might not work for everyone with this issue but it has worked for me. Just needed a little direction on where to start. Thanks Dan

Mano

• 2 months later...

Dan and team -

I just got v2.8.12 up on my rescued laptop... vista. Based on the preceeding posts, I changed my display from highest-32 bit to medium 16-bit and the "white" horizontal bar that others were having issues with (I too) went away!

Everything else "appears" to be ok for now.

Hope that helps at least in some small way.

- JM

johnmeckley wrote:

Dan and team -

I just got v2.8.12 up on my rescued laptop... vista. Based on the preceeding posts, I changed my display from highest-32 bit to medium 16-bit and the "white" horizontal bar that others were having issues with (I too) went away!

Everything else "appears" to be ok for now.

Hope that helps at least in some small way.

- JM

Thanks. You may want to check out the following thread, though:

http://lightorama.mywowbb.com/forum90/22934.html

It lists other things you can try to get around this problem, while keeping 32 bit color. Long story short, the problem is probably a bug in your graphics card's driver, and updating the driver will probably help. Please see that thread for details and for other alternative suggestions.