Light-O-Rama Forums

My 2009 Display

Don In Kenner-LA

Hi All:

This was my first display with lor its 32 channels. This year iam adding 16 more channels which will be lighted arches. Please look at my video I know there are a few timming issues but I think I fixed most of them for this year also I will be adding 3 more songs JINGO JANGO, Music Box Dancer, and my start up Pure Imangination by willy wonka. Please take a look at my video and please give me a honest opinon so I can be better this year dont worry you will not hurt my feelings I need good constructive opinons to help me grow because I watch your videos and say boy I wish I could do that.... here is the link http://christmasinkenner.webs.com/ click on videos.

Thanks Don IN Kenner,LA

Hi Don,
That looks great!
I like how you keep everything so neat.
Keep up the good work!

George,
I wanted to add snow to my display, where do you buy yours?
does it come in a roll? Do you store it in the garage?

I agree with George.I watched your video last night and said to myself that is one of the better light shows with only 16-32 channels i have watched.Good Job.Just keep having fun doing it because you do a good job sequencing.

rstately wrote:

Hi Don,
That looks great!
I like how you keep everything so neat.
Keep up the good work!

George,
I wanted to add snow to my display, where do you buy yours?
does it come in a roll? Do you store it in the garage?

Last winter our snow came by the foot.I am sure George would be glad to give you some.:D

Hi All:

Thanks so much for the compliments. Its a lot of hard work but when it comes together it almost brings tears to the eyes seeing what you have made. My daughter came in last night and said Daddy please make me a song guessed what she picked Night Before Christmas the song is Making Christmas , man all those voices to sequence wow iam pulling my hair out lol but it will be worth it seeing her face and guys and gals I guess this is what makes it really worth it..

Again Thanks for the great compliments..

Don In Kenner,LA:cool:

It all looked really good to me too. Nice use of the channels and the small space to work with. You are on the right path. Great Job.

The only critique I have is to set your camera on manual focus when recording.

Don,

It looks real nice!! I think it looks very nice for a couple of important reasons. 1) it is easy on the eye, easy to follow. You laid everything out carefully without to much clutter and everything is balanced. 2) you took the time to sequence with some precision, also not making it to busy and hard to follow. Last, making something look as good as it does for a first timer and only 32 channels, thats impressive.

My advise, keep all the same things in mind as you add channels.

Take care

Tim

• The topic was locked