Light-O-Rama Forums

laptop sequencing

Mario

Hi All, I am about to head to the islands in the pacific for a months holiday. As I will have a lot of r&r time, I was thinking of taking my laptop and doing my sequencing for this Christmas. On my return to New Zealand I want to transfer the sequences to my main PC and run the shows from it. Are there any problems with this method? What would be the best method of transfering from laptop to main PC? Has anyone done this? How does one go about it? Any advice would be a help. Cheers, Mario

I just transfered 45 songs to another pc.I put them on a sd card.Take them out of your light-0-rama sequence folder and then transfer them to your pc light-0-rama sequence folder.That would be your LMS files.You then have to add your media file to them.(music)

Mario,

When I went to Antarctica (military trip), I took my laptop and worked on sequences. Then I emailed them to myself. Then I could open them up at home and save them to my LOR folder on my PC. Plus, it was my backup just in case something happened to my laptop or home computer. I still have that email just in case.

I stopped in New Zealand each way and loved that place. Absolutely loved it.

thansferring the files is simple enough, just like moving any files from pc to pc

once you get them all on the next computer though, you may have to reopen each file in the sequence editor and make sure the media file is pointed in the correct location, if you don't have them designated to the same defaults on both computers.

I do all of my sequencing on my laptop and then transfer the music and .lms files to my show PC in the garage when the season arrives. I don't feel like sitting out in the garage to do my sequencing, plus even though I am on my laptop I am still in the living room with my family and thats important to me.

And as Philip pointed out, once you transfer the files verify the media file is directed to the right location and then you can create the "Show". I tried to create a show on my laptop and then tranfering it to my show PC and that failed so I don't know if that part can be done.

Most importantly enjoy your vacation, I wish I could take a vacation for a month ;).

I do my sequencing on my desktop computer which has a larger screen. Then tranfer to the laptop computer to use outside when the display is up. It is also used as my show pc.

Thomas