Light-O-Rama Forums

LOR output cords coming out from the board

Guest guest

The gound wires can be tied together using a # 6 machine bolt with the gound from the input (male) pigtail. If you are using a metal box besure to include a grounding wire to the metal case. The whole assembly should then be taped and secure in an out-of-the-way area so there is no chance nof coming in contact with the LOR board.

matt tyndall wrote:

Do I need to ground the power wire that goes to the input of the board? If so, how exactly do I do that?

If you're using 3-wire (grounded) output cords, tie the input ground and all output grounds together. If you're using only 2-wire output cords and a plastic box, the ground wire is kind of supurfluous... you can either just tape it up (unused) or possibly connect it to the heat sink of your LOR controller.

-Tim

Here's a photo of the way I handled it on my controller cart....

I bought some terminal strips from Parts Express, and then used one of them below each controller to terminate the ground wires from the controllers and the ground wires from the power cords....Let me know if you have any questions....

Thanks, Randy

Attached files 67154=4056-controller.jpg

I just wanted to say thanks to everyone for the help. I got my board up and running!!! :waycool::waycool:

Now I will work on my sequences and mini trees.

I'm so excited, I need to go to the bathroom. :shock: