Jump to content


  • Content Count

  • Joined

  • Last visited

Community Reputation

5 Neutral

About Daryl

  • Rank

Profile Information

  • Location
    Las Vegas, NV
  • Occupation
    Truck Driver

More About Me

  • Favorite Decorating Holiday?

LOR Software

  • LOR Software Version
  • License Level

Recent Profile Visitors

595 profile views
  1. I have used the EDM (without RDS) transmitter for 7 seasons. Works very well although one year I had a lot of interference and had to find a different frequency to use. Only problem I have had is I cracked the power supply case near one of the prongs that go into the outlet and had to epoxy it back together. Daryl
  2. Would velcro work? The kind the has the hook on one side and the loop on the other, can't think what it called now. I have use it to hold lights on window frames and lights in a tree. I love it because its adjustable, flexible, reusable and I cut it to the length I need. I have been using the same velcro strips to hold bundles of lights together and to objects for 8 years now. Some of them are getting brittle from the dry heat here in the desert, but at least its easy to replace. Just my two cents
  3. USB "key" also known as a dongle. As TheDucks said, some business (usually small business) software allows the software to be installed on multiple computers but must have the dongle plugged in on the computer in order to open the software on that computer. Supposedly helps prevent license piracy. I have some embroidery software that uses it. Having an internal USB on my computer would free up an external USB port.
  4. Don't confuse yourself....pixels and RGB's refer to the same thing. I think you meant to say RGB pixels for chasing effects and LED's with a residential AC controller to perform basic on/off and fade effects. But yes, a blended setup is absolutely possible. I believe that is how most are gradually converted to RGB's. You just need to make sure your configurations are correct.
  5. The residential controller you are referring to is for LED/incandescent lights only. RGB lights, aka CCR's and bullet/bulb pixels, do require in entirely different controller and are not interchangeable. Software will be necessary for programming and editing. Strongly suggest upgrading to the PRO version with either of the S4 or S5 LOR software. If you want to use speakers, that's OK, outdoor speakers are best for the weather that you live in. Consider getting FM transmitter to broadcast to car radios. Helps keep neighbors happy if you are playing music outside too loud. Cabling
  6. I have 13 AC controllers running all LED lights and I use two 20amp GFI circuits which I know is more than needed but I wanted to make sure I had room to grow in the future.
  7. Info on the Christmas Expo is at ChristmasExpo.com If you're asking if I'm the Daryl that owns Christmaslightshow.com....no that's not me. I think they're out of Tennessee. I'm just another crazy one that got bit by the computerized light show bug and tries to find enough time/money to make it happen each year.
  8. I'm not in AZ but just up the highway in Vegas. There are a few of us here. It won't help you this year but the Christmas Expo will be in Vegas next July. If you haven't been to one, I think you could benefit to go if you can.
  9. How tall are your trees? I'm thinking of using RGB netting to wrap around my one tree and use Velcro or zip ties to hold it in place. Once the pixels are pushed into the netting, its just a matter of wrapping around the trees and plugging them in. May have to use more than one section of netting depending on the height your of trees. Daryl
  10. Did they take out the "Play Range" under the Play tab in the S5 sequencer editor? I'm still using S4, and I use the play range of "Visible Screen" a lot
  11. I'm not using RGB's at the moment so I can't be for certain, but I heard there is a way to lower the brightness of the lights in the sequence editor without affecting the actual RGB color. I'm sure someone else with knowledge can advise better.
  12. Getting in here late, but what kind of controllers are you using, pixel or AC controllers? If using AC controller to control incan or LED light strings, get a pair of Easy Linker wireless modules. Put in inside the house connected to your LOR 485 converter and hook the other to a controller on outside of house and done, no wires running through the wall or window. Also protects computer from lightning and power surges since no physical connection. If you are running lots of pixels and RGB's, this likely won't work but or bandwidth limitations. Daryl
  13. I get my SPT plugs from Creative Displays during their pre order sale at the beginning of the year. I see ChristmasLightShow.com has the female inline SPT-1 plugs for $6.00 pkg/10. I prefer the ones from Creative Displays but they are more expensive. Daryl
  14. Extension cords for light strings or for powering controllers? I use SPT1 for light strings and buy in 1000 ft spools Daryl
  15. I use Christmas tree storage bins from Walmart. They are kind of pricey but they have wheels on one end so I can wheel them around and they can be stacked. I put all of my lights and extension cords (SPT2) in 5 or 6 bins. Also when I put the lights in, I coil them up and put cardboard in between the layers so they don't tangle as much.
  • Create New...