I've started to dismantle my system so there is little testing I can do at this point. I've kept out my small trees and one of the two controllers that are the worst offenders. I've been in communication with LOR help desk and they have not been able to provide any solution. They want me to send them the controllers to see what their techs can find.
This was my communication with the help desk on January 3:
Thanks for all the help with this but I'm not getting anywhere with it. Here is a summary of what I've done:Replaced all cat5e cables with new ones.Examines all RJ-45 jacks and found nothing that looked out of the ordinary.Yesterday before I started to disassemble my system I decided to do a few tests to see what would happen. The circuits that are the most obvious are out of units 2 and 4 . I reassigned the unit's IDs making unit 1 unit 2, unit 2 unit 1, unit 4 unit 3 and unit 3 unit 4. I repluged all the lights into the appropriate plugs for the circuit. Then I did a refresh of the comm. It found all 8 units. I tried the sequence and the results were unchanged and identical to what I had originally had. The next test I did was completely disconnect all the cat5 cables to go directly from the USB485 to unit 4 and ran the sequence. The problem was still there. I did the same thing for unit 2. The problem was still there. But there was one thing I found very interesting and that was when I refreshed the comm for the unit 2 test, it found an unidentified object and was showing I had 32 channels. So I told it to turn all the lights on to see what the extra lights could be (this is really impossible since there was no longer any units daisy chained together.) and only one channel out of the 32 came on. In theory at least 16 channels should have come on. Please keep in mind that I completely changed out the laptop running the show so I can't see it being a USB port problem or a software issue because the results were unchanged between the two computers. I have not put the units away yet but can't see further inspection or testing would result in uncovering the problem since changing out the units resulted in the same issue. I can't help but think the USB485 has to be the culprit.
The help desk suggested reloading the software which I did. I had been running v4.3.14 now I'm running v4.3.26.
This was my January 6 reply:
Well, as you say, no joy. The worst sequence behaved just as it had with the old software. And I noticed that at another spot in the sequence it was behaving as it should for my arches which are controlled by unit 4, the other worst offender. Again the comm refresh found two units even though only one unit is even plugged in let alone daisy chained. It identified the following units:Unit 02 - Unknown Device ??? (see attachment) and Unit 03 - Boot Loader CCF I did the all lights on test and at least it did turn on all the circuits on, I know it is not the sequence. Or at least I don't think it can be. I don't think I mentioned it but one night I completed recreated the sequence with two side by side computers one with the old sequence to act as a road map and the other computer as the blank canvas. I didn't use any templates. The only thing they had in common was the music and the software. The new sequence behaved just like the old one which by the way did perform exactly as it should the first night I loaded it. It wasn't until the next night that it started going wonky.
I have attachment what I sent.
So I am going to send one of the units back to see if it has some internal problem that I don't have any method of detection.
Thanks for everyone's support.