Jump to content

MSB

Members
  • Content Count

    85
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Community Reputation

0 Neutral

1 Follower

About MSB

  • Rank
    Member
  • Birthday September 27

Contact Methods

  • Website URL
    https://makingspiritsbright.com/

Profile Information

  • Location
    Sheboygan, WI
  • Occupation
    Greg, Design Team Co-chair Rotary Making Spirits Bright

More About Me

  • Interests
    Golfing, 3D Printing
  • Favorite Decorating Holiday?
    Christmas

LOR Software

  • LOR Software Version
    5.5.16
  • License Level
    Pro

Recent Profile Visitors

385 profile views
  1. Is there any way to save the colors of the singing faces? I'm using 5.5.16 pro and whenever I go to the motion effect row and create a singing face, I have to change the colors from white to the ones I need. Very time consuming. Or am I just missing something?
  2. If you have s5, try setting up your prop as I suggested and export it as a visualizer file for use in s4. I don't have access to s4 anymore to try that. Greg
  3. It's not in hardware. It's in your preview in version 5 for the S5 prop. Greg
  4. I tried reversing the alternate ports and that did not work. Then I opened up the preview again and found the problem. It's obvious as heck once you know what to look for. Here's the setup. SHAPE Actual # of Strings -16 Exact # of RGB Nodes per string - 100 # of Folds in each String - 1 Truncate Cone % - 10 CHANNELS LOR Max Circuit 150 is WRONG should be 300 Enter channel on first row, auto-number the rest I set Channel 1 Network Reg, Unit ID 01, Start Circuit 1, End Circuit 300, Carry Over 0 (This will be changing for the final show and just
  5. It worked in the preview with the settings I started the post with when I ran a simple animation sequence plugged into the tree with motion control tests sequences only the up lights worked, not the down lights.
  6. I chose enter a channel on every row. Unit ID'S as suggested. Start Circuit 1, End Circuit 150, carryover 150. When I updated the prop I got a bunch of channel conflict warnings. Still missing something.
  7. The software assigned those Unit ID's. I will manually assign them as you suggested and give it a try tomorrow and report back. Thanks!
  8. For this particular tree I have 2 Pixie 2D's for the globe and 3-Pixicon 16's for the CCR's. We are using the new Version of the CCR's which are built way better than the originals! I successfully tested the enhanced network speed for the Pixiecon-16 controllers and it worked well.
  9. We just put up our tree yesterday. I went into the HU setup and changed the pixie configuration to 100 lights per channel keeping the logical resolution to 50. We connected 2 lengths of CCB's end to end starting with the male plug bottom left of the tree of the first 50 pixels going up and the second string of 50 pixels at starting at the top of the tree going down for channel 1. So there are a total of 32 strings on 16 channels. This was repeated 15 more times 180 degrees around the tree. I have something wrong because while testing all the "up strings" were working but none of the "down
  10. I have 4 auxiliary networks running 48 CCR's and 2 pixies 2D's about 2800 feet from the PC and I don't have any issues.
  11. Thanks for the feedback! However, we use a bunch of LOR network splitters which uses the power on the cable.
  12. Yes you're right. We designed our own last year. Two different styles. One to pass the same network to and from one controller to eliminate the need of two network wires going to a single controller (in/out) and a different one to split the network on one cable. We had PCB's made and I designed a 3D-printed case for them. Unfortunately I cannot attach a picture of them.
  13. I know you didn't advise, but I have a physical constraint with network wiring. Not sure if you've followed any of my posts but the show I do is a drive through mile long loop in a park filled with trees etc. We really have no way for people to stop and watch each stage and it gets people coming back multiple times and they will see something different every time. Over the last 9 years we've put in underground networks where we thought they should go and now wished we would have pulled two or 3. This stage of singing trees is replacing a stage of 16 CF50's that used to run about 260 feet
  14. OK, I did make a mistake an only allowed one UID per controller so I will have to renumber them using bulk changes and relabel all of them...ugh. I think I will take your advice and only setup 8 as unique and then duplicate them on the remaining 8 with the same unit ID's. I was looking for your tutorials and had no luck finding them as I need to understand how these work. It's more confusing for me NOT understanding. Can you point me in the right direction to look? What is wee? I'm assuming enhanced network but not familiar with this term. These 16 props are on a separate Aux O network.
  15. For this year's show we're adding 16 of the singing trees (4 per character) to our display. With the kits, there is a sheet "The Trees of Christmas" that shows how to configure the prop. All of them from the factory have dip switches 3&4 on and the remaining off for the "Lead Singer". Just confirming these switches are used to set the UID of the controller with 2 UID's each 30-31 for Lead, 32-33 for Backup 1, 34-35 for Backup 2, 36-37 for Backup 3. I'm planning on using the hardware config to set the UID's to I'm guessing I need to turn off all the DIP switches and reserve 2 unit ID's in t
×
×
  • Create New...