Light-O-Rama Forums

Missing Pixels

Little_b

So I have a Large Matrix set up in PE and Visualizer that works fine.  I noticed the other day in Visualizer that there are specific pixels not lighting up during sequence playback.  I thought it was just a glitch, but I hooked up a section of the matrix to a controller today, and the same corresponding pixels are out on the actual prop as well.  I went back to my pixel assignment an didn't see anything missing.  I ran the controller (Pixcon16) in test mode and those "missing lights" work just fine.  Anyone else seen this before and know how to resolve it?

Did you use 512 channels per Universe or 510 channels during setup of the matrix? If it was 512, there's your culprit. Go back in to the PE and change Max Channels to 510 and it should clear up the problem, assuming of course, that's the problem. Be willing to bet it is though.

It was set to 510.  512 would change a lot more down the line.  After trying to count it looks like there are 4 pixels out in each of my matrices (62x63 & 64x63).  What weird is that they look like they are in the same spot on each one.

• 2 months later...

Bump-

Just wanted to see if anyone else is seeing this.  It's starting to really bug me.  I also found while assigning specific pixels to a prop, that there are a couple of spots where 2 pixels turn on when only one is assigned.