Light-O-Rama Forums

Anyone Got Any Good 16ch Seq?

workmancomm

Anyone got ny good 16ch Seq for a newbie? seems like most are for 48ch+  :(  just looking to put a show together that rocks without spending hours copy/pasting! next year i will get another controller and edit/make my own. Thanks in advance! workmancomm@yahoo.com   :rolleyes:

Even if you got a 16 channel sequence, you're still going to be copying and pasting because your display IS NOT going to match the other sequencers display exactly, so manual modification is still going to be required.   No matter what, copy and pasting is still going to happen in the gist of it.

Best bet is to actually download the larger sequences and copy and paste what you can use from them, that's what I do, I'm currently running 64{63} channels, 1 bad channel on a controller, and I've download 80 channel, 100+ channel sequences and just copied and pasted what I could use into my newly created blank sequence.

Believe me, it takes less time than you think to copy and paste, than it does to start from ground 0 and build the sequence completely yourself.  Although the latter is more gratifying seeing you did it all yourself, at least copy and pasting will get you up and running so much quicker.   Then you tweak those "copy and pasted" sequences as you have the time to do so to make them more your style..

It's how many of us started our first display we ever did.   It helped us learn the sequencing and gave us insight on techniques others used to get those lights dancing to the music.

Edited by Orville

Orville pretty much nailed it.

Learning to copy/paste from shared sequences is one of  of the most important skills to learn in sequence editor.

As I expanded my display this year, I had a lot of 4 to 8 channels light elements. The low channel shared sequence were generally of limited use.  It was the higher numbered sequence that provided me with the most flexibility in finding channels to copy into my sequences.

I would also suggest for newbies not to make broad request for any sequences.  but to find a handful of songs you like and request thoses.  Do that and not limit the channel numbers and you'll probably get better response.