Light-O-Rama Forums

Network Config / Preferences Run-time Error

mking0310

I cannot find this issue anywhere.  When I try to Launch Light O Rama Network Configuration, I get a run-time error '380', Invalid Property Value.   (My property is valued too low, yes, but the new pool should make it better than "invalid".  LOL  JK

Ok, I've un-installed LOR, and re-installed it.  Rebooted several times.

I've attempted to launch the Network Config. with the LOR dongle plugged in,  and without.

I've also tried with the ENTTEC PRO plugged in, and without 

And with the Control Panel loaded and unloaded.

Any suggestions ?

Gratefully,

Michael

Michael,

Put in a help desk ticket (helpdesk.lightorama.com) as there is a known issue in 4.1.2 that prevents the Network Configuration program from opening on certain computers. 

I'll get you fixed up there.

There is a known issue that hit only a particular condition. I was one of the guys that discovered the bug and either Mike or Bob found the condition a couple weeks ago. If you look in Open Bug Reports and find one of mine that is JRW08 or 09 if I remember right (the description makes it obvious), you can read more about it. I can't look easily from my phone while typing this or I would look it up.

This Helped a whole lot -  Looking thru the Beta Open issues was not hard and once I found the steps from Don, I had it done in minutes.

Sincerely,

Michael

Just to answer the question:  Yes, the registry wipe and reinstall is another way to fix the error.  However that is like using a sledge hammer when what you need is a tiny tack hammer.

• The registry wipe will clear out the bad value, along with all of your other preferences and settings.
  • The fix file (Fix Error 380.reg) only fixes the bad value and leaves everything else intact.
  • S4.2.x when released checks the value first and automatically resets it if incorrect.

• 4 weeks later...

Just installed that fix file. Worked for me.

DevMike, you should somehow make that fix file more readily available and searchable for others with this problem to bypass the Help Desk Ticket procedure. 

Hope that new version, S4.2 is good enough to release soon as October is already here.

Just installed that fix file. Worked for me.

DevMike, you should somehow make that fix file more readily available and searchable for others with this problem to bypass the Help Desk Ticket procedure. 

Hope that new version, S4.2 is good enough to release soon as October is already here.

We would, but the problem is not very wide spread.  You need to have left the Net Config program in a very particular state on a release before, then installed the bad new version, then tried to open it.

Making it public would mean more people would install it who didn't need it.  I can't tell you the number of people who see something and then immediately use it -- even if they are not having the issue the fix fixes.