I am using 7 controllers described on the LOR control panel as follows

1. 16PC          G3   v1.06
  2. CT16PC             v4.32
  3. 16PC          G3   v1.06
  4. CT16PC             v4.4
  5. CT16PC             v4.32
  6. CT16PC             v4.32
  7. 16PC          G3   v1.04

Several of the controllers seem to be misbehaving.  Especially controllers 6 and 7.  Both of those controllers have channels that are on when not supposed to be and vice-versa.  (Not on when they should be).  It seems to be the same channels, on the same songs, in the same place in the songs.  I've checked the songs to be sure I haven't made an error in programming and all is well there.

I have reset each of the 7 controllers twice as per the instructions emailed to me by LOR.

Would it help to move the controllers around to see if they act up in other places, or others perform the same way on these channels?

Any ideas would be appreciated.  1st year here!!

Thanks,

Bryan

Don,

Thank you for your suggestion to run the verifier. I did that and did indeed find a couple of conflicts with the controllers in question.

Is it safe to assume that if a controller has some channel conflicts, it may cause other channels on that controller to not function correctly?

I can't check it tonight but hopefully this will solve my issue.

Thanks again,

Bryan

If you wouldn't mind, would you please post the instructions LOR gave you for resetting the controllers? I've looked in a keyword search and can't find them on the forum. Thanks!

If you wouldn't mind, would you please post the instructions LOR gave you for resetting the controllers? I've looked in a keyword search and can't find them on the forum. Thanks!

Resetting the CTB16PC

Not a CTB16PC, try these instructions.

(Edit: Added instructions for other controllers)

Edited by basis21b

Is it safe to assume that if a controller has some channel conflicts, it may cause other channels on that controller to not function correctly?

If you have a channel duplicated, then it will affect that channel, not others.

The way a duplicated channel confuses things is that if it shows that channel is off in one of the rows, but in another row that same channel is on, then it will be either on or off depending on which row changed last. If both rows changed at the same time, then there is no way of knowing.

Hey guys!

I have had the same problem last 2 years. As said above:

"It seems to be the same channels, on the same songs, in the same place in the songs. I've checked the songs to be sure I haven't made an error in programming and all is well there."  

Sometimes channels do what they want even the tho SE is programmed different. They do it on the same song at the same time and not every song.

I have checked and rechecked everything. Switched things around (used different controllers on different elements, different cat5, etc.) and still similar issues this year. I am convinced it is software some kind of way.

For example, lights would come on during a song and they are not programmed to. When they come on, the may stay on til next command. When you check SE, its correct. VERY, Very frustrating.

Wanted to add to the list of people with ifr4phun's problem. I just learned to deal with it and program around after testinmg.

Thanks,

William

Another suggestion is in the show editor, are you running a "Background" animation sequence? If so and the same channels are programmed, they will be commanded once the main sequence is done with them...its a period of seconds after the sequence is done with them, the background program will start talkign to them again. I had this happen too me with my "Tune To" sign and it was driving me nuts till I saw I had it in all the sequences, on purpose, but had also included it in the background sequence.

dgrant, that's an interesting suggestion. I have not created a background sequence on purpose. How would I check? Could this been done by mistake?

• The topic was locked