Light-O-Rama Forums

forum and links

saxon

My first light show ever was Halloween and it was AWESOME. I really wanted to post a link to share a video but I can not post a link of any kind. I see others have done it (youtube, dropbox, ect..). Is there something special I need to do in the forum to post a link to something?

~Matt

Type the URL.

Example, In the next line I'm going to type a URL and the forum should make a link out of it.

http://www.newburghlights.org

I am noticing that all the buttons at the top of the reply section are grayed out. However just typing the URL should work.

Thanks Jim - yeah, imadufuss - knew it had to be something simple. I was trying to copy paste the links. typing it worked, should have thought of that on my own.

When copying and pasting from phone or tablet, usually just copy and paste works fine.
If you're trying it from a pc or a laptop, you will most likely need to click the upper left button next to the remove format eraser looking tool,
just to the right of the awesome picture of your house.

That will grey it out like k6ccc says, which is when you can paste it into your post.
Try again we'd like to see the video.
Good luck.

;)

Chrome (and probably other browsers too) will paste correctly. It's a problem with IE and the forum software. I use Chrome for the forum but IE for all my other browsing.

Thanks, I think your all right, it worked correctly ONCE with IE, Typing does work, and that toggle off/on button allowed me to paste, but as pre-post, it has not lit up as a link.---Ill open a thread in Halloween and try again.

Thanks

~Matt

• The topic was locked