Light-O-Rama Forums

Ultimate Coro Pixel Mini Trees

thebaronn

Hello!

Last year I created my Ultimate Coro Mega Tree and I was very pleased with it!

So this year I decided to create 9 Mini Trees in the same way.

Each tree has 33 pixels. 19 pixels form 3 rows of "garland" and the other 14 pixels control the "ornaments."
To make the ornaments look nice, I used the halves from my 2811 Ball Pixels from last year (They were for the garland on the Mega Tree, they were IP rated, but they failed miserably, good thing we don't get a lot of rain) so it looks like a big ball. The skeleton is just 1/2" PVC and the coro is zip tied. The pixels are just pressed in (they are the square 2811s) and the ornament covers are zip tied to the coro.
I pretty much drew a tree shape on 8'X4' coro (all the trees are 4 feet tall, the base is 32 inches wide)). And when all 3 chidren liked the design I cut it out.
I Traced the remaining trees and cut them out. I then decided on the placement of the garland and bulb (the number of lights were not a factor, I just went for the "looks perfect" amount). I sandwiched the trees together and then drilled holes. This time I drilled the holes big enough to easily push the pixels in (after my thumbs falling off last year pushing 3980 pixels through coro I have learned!!!).

They are painted fluorescent Green, Blue, Red and Pink (when one child gets to pick a color, they all do!) and each has a dedicated LED Blacklight shining on them.

The best compliment came from my daughter (who chose Pink) "they look like the trees in Rudolph" so that made me happy!

The coro is zip tied to the simple PVC skeleton. The hard part was zip tying the bulbs in place.

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.707850769246326.1073741826.323555271009213&type=3

All I know is, I need spray painting lessons from some of these gangs. They can spray some amazing stuff on a wall, in the dark, in the wet/cold air and it looks good. I try to paint some sort of leaves and it looks crappy. Good thing no one goes close up to the display!

Hope you like them!

Eric

Thanks for the How To on your mini trees I'm going to give them a try. One question Could you give me a link to the Ball Pixels or maybe something that look like the plastic ones you used?

Thanks for the How To on your mini trees I'm going to give them a try. One question Could you give me a link to the Ball Pixels or maybe something that look like the plastic ones you used?

Hello sir!  These are the pixels from Ray Wu 

http://www.aliexpress.com/store/product/50mm-diameter-full-color-ball-type-led-pixel-module-pixel-node-DC12V-input-3pcs-5050-RGB/701799_577940096.html

I thought the MinleonUSA sold the same type, buy I could not locate them.

Eric

• The topic was locked