Light-O-Rama Forums

Compressed files not loading or not created

k6ccc

I always use compressed files in my show, but there are several sequences that either do not have a compressed file and it does not get created when the show player loads it; or there is a compressed file, but it is ignored and the LAS or LMS file is loaded instead.

For a little detail on system, my show computer is running version 3.10.14, and the sequencing computer was recently upgraded to 3.11.0.  I thought that part of the problem might be related to files created with the newer SE version.  However most of my sequences were done prior to 3.11.0 coming out, and some of the files that were recently added were created with 3.11.0 and the compressed file works fine.  However I opened SE on the show computer and made a single pixel change and change back and saved it to see if that would make any difference.  Did not help.

Any ideas?

An existing compressed sequence will be ignored by the Show Player if its creation/last modification timestamp is less recent than that of the associated sequences.

If the Show Player loads a regular sequence, it won't create a compressed sequence for it if the sequence (1) has multiple tracks that are not the same time length as each other, or (2) has loops.  Both of these are "as designed".  In particular, note that neither of them are possible for musical sequences.

The only other non-bug explanation I can think of for either of these things would be if "Use Compressed Sequences" is disabled.  That would explain both.

You nailed it Bob.  I am running an animation only show, and the three sequences had been modified at one point or another that included changing the total time.  My configuration for my pixel tree and star has 13 tracks, and when I lengthened the sequences I had only changed the time on the couple of tracks that were involved in the expanded time.  I have modified all three sequences so that all 13 tracks have the same total time.  We'll see tonight if it works better.

Thanks much!

BTW, it would be nice to have an option when changing the total time on a track, to make the same change on all other tracks.  I realize that is only an issue for those of us building involved animation sequences and using multiple tracks.