Light-O-Rama Forums

Singing face props for visualizer

robigd

I was just curious how people go about creating singing face props in the visualizer? I am getting started on finalizing my display for 2014 and will be using a singing Grinch and singing Santa and didn't know if there was some kind of tool I could use to simplify this.

Thanks!

I guess I could have posted this in the visualizer forum now that I think about it. Sorry.

[Admin Edit: Just got it moved.]

I use the LOR object creator to create my singing faces.  http://www.shannonclaus.com/LOROC/LOROC.html

I use the clipping tool in windows 7 to clip whatever face I will be using, then import it into paint.  I paint each part of the face that will be a different channel a different color.  Then I use the LOR object creator to finish the prop.  If you have more than 5 channels then you will have to make 2 props, and then combine them inside the visualizer to complete it.

Attached are 3 pumpkin faces you can use (The 3 bottom ones in my avatar to be exact).  These pumpkins came from Wire Frame D'Lites and are pumpkins 1,2 and 3 in his store.

Sax

NOTE:  I could not add the files as I dont have enough space left for uploads.  I will try to clear out some of my previous uploads and try again.

Thank you very much. This is very helpful! Once I finalize my props for the singing grinch and singing santa, I will upload for others to use as well.

Update: these are actually pumpkins 1, 4 and 5 in his store.

Thanks Doug for great pumpkins!!!

You are more than welcome. Merry Christmas.