Light-O-Rama Forums

Meeting in Sacramento

plasmadrive

Hi All,

We are meeting again at the Round Table Pizza in Old Sac Friday Oct 18th.  We start around 6pm.   Many of you said you were going to pile on this time and we look forward to it.   Everyone from Newbie to Expert is welcome.

Bring:

• Yourself and anyone that is interested in the addition.
  • Questions if you have any.  Some of us may have answers for you
  • Answers if you have any. Some of us may have questions for you
  • Ideas you would like to share or even just vet with others to possibly solve a few nagging issue in construction or hardware or software... or some such.
  • Items for show and tell if you want.  (I will be brining some of my excess parts this time in case any of you have unfufilled hardware needs).
  • Anything new you would like to show us.
  • Pictures or videos or links that you would like to share or show off or ask questions about (see above)
  • Some conversation!  We had a great time the last two times with lots of chat and Q & As.  
  • Some food money if you are hungry.  It is BYOP  (Buy Your Own Pizza)

Last two meeting were productive for me personally and I think all that came.

This was all started by Ken Benedict, Thank you Ken.

As soon as I loadin a dance show, I'll head over there with my Show-and-Tell: LOR's new RGB 10 watt floodlight.

Not as cool as Craig's custom icicles, but hey, this is my busy season.

I waas great to see everyone i cant believe how much i was able to see. Im cant wait to get my new set up going. Thanks to all who talked to me and gave me great ideas. Thanks guys...

I waas great to see everyone i cant believe how much i was able to see. Im cant wait to get my new set up going. Thanks to all who talked to me and gave me great ideas. Thanks guys...

We are glad you came.  I hope you took away something that will help.   It was good to meet you and I hope you come to the next one.. bring questions!  :)

As soon as I loadin a dance show, I'll head over there with my Show-and-Tell: LOR's new RGB 10 watt floodlight.

Not as cool as Craig's custom icicles, but hey, this is my busy season.

I like that little flood light.. I am still seeing spots!   LOL    They don't look that small in the pictures.. Clean little package..

I had a great time even though my train was delayed 2 hours in Davis going home. Now if I can only remember all the good ideas I heard (but didn't write down)!

Great meeting especially with the newcomers.

Next meeting is Friday, November 15; same place at Round Table Pizza in Old Sacramento at 6:00pm.

Anyone is welcome; bring show and tell if you have something portable.

• 1 month later...

Bump.

Next meeting is Friday, December 13 at 6:00pm

Plan to arrive early since there's gonna be a big light show outside at 6:15

They will have the street blocked off and parking will be difficult.

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry I can not make it this month, my son is receiving a new belt in his Tae Kwon Do class. Watching them set up last month I wish I could see it now.

Sorry you missed it but only a few showed up.

Before the meeting, we watched the big light show in Old Sacramento (part of it was LOR driven).

See: http://oldsacramento.com/special-events/theatre-of-lights

or: http://www.sacramentotoday.net/news/templates/community.asp?articleid=3600&zoneid=1

Pictures here:http://sacramentopress.com/2010/11/26/old-sacramentos-theatre-of-lights-sparkles/

Video here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w6BOb6EpToE

New visitor Mike and his wife is a LOR user in Fair Oaks who wants to move to RGB LEDs next year so we discussed his house layout and where strips would work and how to make them and where other dumb-type LEDs would work as well.

Although not yet ready for smart pixels, we worked out a migration plan and he seemed to be happy.

Next meeting works out to be Friday, January 17 at 6:00pm at Round Table Pizza in Old Sacramento again.

Looking forward to hearing about all the display stories, successes and problems.

Have a good New year.

• 3 weeks later...

Next meeting is at Round Table Pizza in Old Sacramento at 6:00pm: http://forums.lightorama.com/index.php?/topic/27760-has-anyone-used-these-dc-dc-converters/?p=263124

There's been a fair amount of interest to attend, but some would like Saturday evening, so how about the next meeting being on Saturday, February 15th?

Right after Valentines Day, you could take your sweetie to Old Sacramento for a day of shopping and top it off with an elegant (?) evening of pizza and drink.

January's meeting still on Friday, the 17th tho.

Who is all coming to this meeting?  I will most likely be there.. Would love to hear everyone's stories. 

Who's all attending February's meeting?

---Michael

We'll find out at the January meeting probably.