Light-O-Rama Forums

Beta software to import config unattended in batch mode

ItsMeBobO

Did you just find you had channel 15 twice and all your songs are based on that config.   Now you need to go back and import that config fix in all your sequences one at a time.  

This software takes a shot at automating this for you.   Warning  this tool uses the keyboard interface.. so you cant use your computer to surf or sequence while the batch is running. 

https://vimeo.com/75668434

http://itsmebob.com/Christmas/beta/ImportOmation.exe

Bob, you are amazing. I will give this a try in the morning. This will be such a huge time saver for those like me who has to import in a new channel config a week or so before Thanksgiving. Will give you some feedback tomorrow. Thanks a million and I mean it.

Looks like a nice utility Bob!

Now everyone just has to make sure all Anti-Virus, Automatic Updates or any background software that is running is shut down BEFORE using your new utility so no big errors happen or occur! 

And I'd even disconnect any wireless internet settings/live connections or hardwire Ethernet internet cables are unplugged just to prevent any issues.

Especially since as you said, this sends keyboard commands to the SE and anything that would redirect that could have some repercussions!

Edited by Orville

New version 0.1.16 has been uploaded fixing several bugs and issues.   Thanks to testers and Dougd.

IOM can now reset the focus to SE at several spots.  So its a little better but can still be interrupted.   

If it does get interrupted it can recover but may need user interaction.     It checks that source and output are not the same folder.  Now turns off undo recording.   

Also creates a detailed log in the output folder.

Bob, Does this work to add channels as well? If it does add the missing channels does it leave the sequence area blank of that new channel or does it bump up the next channels sequence like when you import a channel configuration. I find it takes a lot of time when I add a new controller and have to remake a new sequence the copy and paste across all across to the new sequence.

cheers

John

There are ways to make your problem less work.  But not part of this software which is automation of a specific task.  Pose your question in a new thread and I will reply there.

Just a thought...

Instead of exiting the SE after each sequence, why not issue the "close" command and then go to the next open command?

That looks like it would save about 19 seconds per sequence.

Just a thought...

Instead of exiting the SE after each sequence, why not issue the "close" command and then go to the next open command?

That looks like it would save about 19 seconds per sequence.

SE has a funky non-standard file selection dialog.   This comes up when file open is selected.  And it comes up in the base folder instead of a subfolder.   The navigate to the proper folder required a mouse click which  I did not want to add to the interface.  The Save dialog is the standard one which worked out on that end.  So I chose to open SE specifying the file to open.

Actually tried  "LorSequenceEditor.exe  <filename>" which stangely opened SE with its file dialog open and did not open the file.  Didnt work.  So the program currently just does a shell open on the file name without specifying the program to open it with.  Windows associates the .lms with SE and opens that file without the dialog.    IOM wont work unless you have the SE association working.

The biggest reason you have to shut down the SE each time is even if you close a sequence, there is still quite a bit of memory used still by that sequence. You have to shut down the SE between each opening of a sequence so it releases that memory.

SE has a funky non-standard file selection dialog.   This comes up when file open is selected.  And it comes up in the base folder instead of a subfolder.   The navigate to the proper folder required a mouse click which  I did not want to add to the interface.  The Save dialog is the standard one which worked out on that end.  So I chose to open SE specifying the file to open.

Actually tried  "LorSequenceEditor.exe  <filename>" which stangely opened SE with its file dialog open and did not open the file.  Didnt work.  So the program currently just does a shell open on the file name without specifying the program to open it with.  Windows associates the .lms with SE and opens that file without the dialog.    IOM wont work unless you have the SE association working.

I knew that there had to be a reason. Great work! (as usual)

• 4 weeks later...
  • The topic was locked