Light-O-Rama Forums

How to deal with 20,000 plus channels

mark obermiller

I am creating my various DMX universes by using the insert device tool and then converting the channels to RGB.  Now that I'm at 31 universes, the time it takes to convert to RGB channels is quickly approaching 30 minutes and I still have 11 universes left to add to the channel configuration.

My machine is plenty fast enough to do the job.  It is probably overkill but its has a i7-4770 cpu @3.40 ghz....32 gig of ram running 64 bit windows 7 pro.  When the channels are crunching, I'm only using 13% of my processor and 11% of my ram.  I'm guessing that this is a software issue why it slows down so much.

Is there any way around this LOR slowness.  I'm using LOR ver 3.10.6.

Thanks!

Last night I created a config with 42 univereses and then appended on 42 more using vegomatic.   It did work combining them.   LOR SE could open the config but boy was 84 universes slow.

I hate posting this video being that I have since found a way around the constant crash but regardless just ignore the crashing and it should show you how to load channels with vegomatic...........

• Like 1

Thank you so much for the link to your video. I actually found this video on another thread and have watched it a couple of times. I'm glad you were able to solve the LOR crashing problem.

Again, thank you for the video.