Light-O-Rama Forums

My new prop; 10 x 25 Pixburst

Ron Boyd

Looks pretty good.    Nice Job.

What format are the pixels - rectangular, square, or the node (Bullet) style?

Ron,

I really like your new prop. Do you have a how to make this that you would be willing to share?

Thanks in advance,

Joe

That is really cool! So it's 8', I need a bigger yard! The spiral effect near the end was great. :)

http://s1293.photobucket.com/user/boydchristmaslights/slideshow/Pixburst%20Photos

I used 2811, square, lay flat Pixels, E682 controller and sequenced everything In Superstar. I did steal an effect or 2 from bought sequences, but they were done in Superstar too.

I used a 12 x 12 square aluminum plate and 1/2" aluminum C channel cut in half. I used the strapping method seen in this write-up: http://www.magicchristmasnews.org/building_a_colormotions_tree_sm.pdf

The bouncing morphs @ the 1:45 or so timing mark and the spiral effects at the end are my favorite. I was like a kid in a candy store when I got this thing up and running yesterday. I don't know what's going to be the best in my display this year, this Pixburst or the Pixtree. It's so fun sequencing this thing.

Thanks for the comments.

Ron

• Like 1

Ron:

Did you get the spiral by using the beta version of Super Star? I know that is one of the new effects in the beta.

Larry

Nope. It's a series of 10 morphs at .05 second intervals. Each spin is a different color. You're actually seeing about 50 or 60 morphs, however many times it goes around x10

Here is the Viz file and the last morphs in a .sup file if anyone is interested in how it was done. As mentioned earlier, each color has 10 morphs. In actuality, there are 190 morphs at the very end of the song. I created 10 morphs, copied, pasted, and changed the colors. the effect goes through red, green and blue about 17 times with red and green to end.

If anyone is interested, I can send the whole sequence. The song is edited for time though. The sequence also has a 100 pixel circle in it.

Edited by Ron Boyd

Ron would love to get the whole sequence not that I am going to be able to accomplish anything like that this year but will give me lots to think of for the 2014 season.  With I sequence to start with will give me plenty to look forward to.

And by the way great job, I love the effect and the sequence you done to it.   overeazy@comcast.net   

Duane

That's some real nice work Ron. 

Now, I too know what I want to add in 2014...

Looks excellent. Nice job programming.

I'm busy programming an 8 arm version with 10 pixels per arm using 2811 strips and a DMX controller.

Each arm is 1 meter long with a 12 inch center that I gotta fill with something.

It's on the top of a 1 inch square steel tube so the whole thing's about 13 feet tall.

Fun times.

• Like 1

Ron would love to get the whole sequence not that I am going to be able to accomplish anything like that this year but will give me lots to think of for the 2014 season.  With I sequence to start with will give me plenty to look forward to.

And by the way great job, I love the effect and the sequence you done to it.   overeazy@comcast.net   

Duane

Did I send you the sequence? If not let me know and I'll send it out. A lot was going on these last 2 weeks and I can't remember if I sent it.

Ron that is very impressive. I would really like to have a copy of that sequence. Kalefortsch@comcast.net. I would like to make one, will try it with nodes and 2801. wanting to get into RGB's.

I've had several requests for the sequence for this. Here are the .sup, .lms, .lee and edited version of the song for anyone who would like to take a look.

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/4kgszh1ndzjhael/XjGFRI3253

The close up pics are in post 9 above. Enjoy and thanks for the comments. I really think this thing is going to steal the show this year.

Edited by Ron Boyd