Light-O-Rama Forums

St Louis Meetup Saturday June 8th

ItsMeBobO

The St Louis crew is planning another SLAM set for Saturday June 8th 2013.

Not just for St Louis area.  Prior years we have had people drive a long way from KS  IA TN.   Join us for the fun. 

We are hoping to have more door prize offerings this year and a selection of demos and how to's for multiple skill levels. 

As things are determined we will post them on the website   http://www.slam-stlouis.com   

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Doug at Wireframe Delights has offered a cost saving option to SLAM attendees this year.

If you place an order with Wireframe Delights in the next week or so (Today is April 3rd), he will ship the orders to me, and you can pick up your order at SLAM.   Hopefully this will save you money on shipping by combining the shipping costs.

Anyone that has an outstanding order with him that also plans to attend SLAM might want to check with him to see if this option is available for you too.  

Please see http://www.slam-stlouis.com for more information.

Jerry

Just Spoke to Doug at Wireframe Delights. 

He said he will be coming through St. Louis around June 1st, and he will deliver any wireframe orders to me so they can be picked up at SLAM.    He does need enough time to build the wireframes so he can get them to us by SLAM.

I do not know his workload or lead time.  I believe you can contact him through the LOR forums or his website.   

Jerry

• 4 weeks later...

The details are coming together for the St Louis area mini gathering on June 8th.  http://slam-stlouis.com/

There are a lot of door prizes!    We now have a brand new singing tree already strung with lights.

The demo schedule is filling in too.   Visit the slam site and send us an email if you are considering attending. 

• 5 weeks later...
We have a lot of Doorprizes this year.  

LOR   has provided a controller!     Thank you Dan and Mary! 

CDI   has provided several LED household bulbs. 

Christmas-LEDs has provided 6 LED strings. 50 C6 multi color.

Wire Drame D`lites   And the SLAM team have provided a new singing tree already wrapped in lights

Dementted Elf   $50 gift cert toward Package 5 or Demented Elf Radio Network Material 

LED Keeper   Has provided multiple door prizes!

Boogy prizes include:   Kill-O-Watt       Tie Guns     Network cables

More door prizes for SLAM !   There is still time to register!   

Holidaycoro.com  has provided several of their new HexaTree.

Anyone attending will have a change to go home with a new LOR controller or HexaTree or LED keeper

So, I'm dying to hear from all of you who went to SLAM.  I sent my first born Rainy Tree with LORi P to visit with all of you.  So how did you like it?  I'd love to hear your first reactions. 

-RainyOregonChristmas

I too would like to here how it went. I was unable to attend this year, but hope to be able to go to the next.

SLAM went very well.    Nice group shared all about our displays.   We had smiles and frowns when drawing for door prizes.

Event weather was fantastic.  But we had a few people who were unable to attend due to weather.  Too much water and too nice to not go fishing. 

Drama:  The show computer blue screened and needed to be replaced before demos.

Setup:   Multiple matrix of various kinds were displayed.  

Food:  The best and most tender garlic bratwurst ever.

Thank you again to businesses who contributed door prizes   LOR  HolidayCoro  Wireframe D'lights   LED keeper  Demented Elf  CDI  Christmas LEDs

SLAM went very well.    Nice group shared all about our displays.   We had smiles and frowns when drawing for door prizes.

Event weather was fantastic.  But we had a few people who were unable to attend due to weather.  Too much water and too nice to not go fishing. 

Drama:  The show computer blue screened and needed to be replaced before demos.

Setup:   Multiple matrix of various kinds were displayed.  

Food:  The best and most tender garlic bratwurst ever.

Thank you again to businesses who contributed door prizes   LOR  HolidayCoro  Wireframe D'lights   LED keeper  Demented Elf  CDI  Christmas LEDs

Thanks for the information about the slam.  I hope to make it next year if there is one and I'm still able to get around.

Sorry I missed it. Some how I did not see it until after the date had passed. I don't live to far from Pacific, so it would have been convenient.

Thanks to Bob, Mira, Chuck, and Jerry for all there hard work, great food, and hospitality. GREAT TIME! :)

• The topic was locked