Light-O-Rama Forums

2013 PacNW Regional CLAP Mtg

zman

This serves as an early planning notice.

The date has been set for this years Christmas Light Get together:

Date: Saturday May 4th

Time: 8am to 5pm

Agenda TBD (but if you have any suggestions let us know)

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• zman

• rainyoregonchristmas

• jimswinder

• magish01

Jenn and I are so in!

This time I want to come up Friday and maybe even stay Sat night to talk to everyone...

I could talk abit about building the CoroCandy Canes and doing some interesting things with it.. We built a pretty good Tune To sign out of Coro that I am really proud of... I would love to show people how to build their own.

I might even have a prototype CoroStrip for pixels too..

And I might even have great news about the enclosed stars I sold last year. I am working with a suppiler to get better pricing and have a pixel already put in..

Friday afternoon/evening is clean up/set up at the Foley's and Friday Night is the Pizza feast meet and greet. There are quite a few hotel/motel options in the area. I may opt to do this also this year instead of the 80 minute drive to/from my house.

Edited by zman

I'm in again! I'm gonna try to make it on Friday so I can be awake this year instead of leaving home at 3:30 am again. Hopefully I'll also not have to have as much coffee just to stay awake. I'll also understand more than just a few things that we'll most likely cover. And this year I'm also planning on bringing a few things for the swap meet. See you all in May

-Matt Ross

RainyOregonChristmas

Speaking of which.. Anyone interested in C9 mutl-color incand screw in bulbs? We have quite a few that we have replaced with LED.. We will be bringing them to the swap meet if anyone would want them...

• 1 month later...

Bumping the thread to the top.

Looking now for subject matter that you are interested in seeing, AND

looking for attendees interested in teaching a subject.

Please respond to this thread, send me a PM or email

Subject Matter:

Still wanting to take the plunge into RGB and E1.31 stuff...

any updates or new tech stuff would be good...smart vs dumb capabilities...anything and EVERYTHING!!

My head STILL does not have a very good grasp of it all...  :wacko:

Ditto on the E 1.31. Only way I know how to mix colors is to beat my head against the wall HARD. then I see multi colored stars.

Ditto on the E 1.31. Only way I know how to mix colors is to beat my head against the wall HARD. then I see multi colored stars.

Dave, I gotta say this one made me giggle. Too funny.

RGB sequencing +++++++++++

(I'm dragging my Father with me this year and we have to figure out how to program his new Mega Pixel tree.)

As far as a topic, what about a "Show and Tell" topic where folks show us new and different elements they have created for their displays.  Seeing other peoples creativity often inspires more creativity in others.  Like seeing Frosty last year.  We could have creators just give a quick 5 minute or so explanation of their element, and maybe hand out a set of plans or pictures to everyone if they are feeling generous.

-RainyOregonChristmas

Matt that is one of the subjects I am pushing for. If I can pull it off, we will have a session around Nutcraker and Madrix.

We sort of did the Show and Tell, 2 years ago and it worked out well. We opened with that in the morning. Limiting to new items could work a bit better.

Keep them ideas coming!

Hey Z...

You could put me down to do a "How To" on my collapsible Mini Trees...if there is any openings and or interest...

Man, I really want to go this year but we have a family event that I have already tried to get out of (I was better off when we did it the same weekend as mothers day)

--Joe

Jim, I am on biz and vacation travel for the next week. I have a bunch of material to start forming an agenda, but i would say that is a pretty interesting topic as we are all interested in saving space for storage. if you have any other cool ideas like that incorporate them too. I can see us talking about this for sure.

Joe, bummer. Mothers Day weekend was not so bad for me either. Those traveling had the most conflict with Mom's Day. Maybe we can see about a Booster again after the Summer National meetings.

Sounds good to me.  

It would be cool if someone could setup a camera in a corner and record the discussions.....hint..hint.

--Joe

Sounds good to me.  

It would be cool if someone could setup a camera in a corner and record the discussions.....hint..hint.

--Joe

I can do that...

Jeeze Jim, first you have a mega tree that collapses by itself and now you INTENTIONALLY collapse your mini trees?

Edited by magish01

Jeeze Jim, first you have a mega tree that collapses by itself and now you INTENTIONALLY collapse your mini trees?

They were feeling left out...  :P