Light-O-Rama Forums

2 CCR circles playing imported .sup upside down

Greg Doughty

Hey folks, just finished another song, but when I exported and played from LOR, the display was upside down. I have not moved either of the circles and they played "Boris the Spider" just fine. Any suggestions?

Thanks,

Greg

I don't have but one, Flip the CCR for that song. I had to flip 6 strings of CCPs

Now, the reason I said that is this, I have 4 CCPs, 8 total strings. All of my visualization strings start at the top and go to the bottom, let me emphasize all 8 strings, Pixel 1 at the top and pixel 50 at the bottom. CCP, Unit 1, all sequencing was normal, CCPs 2-4 Everything was upside down. I did all sequencing for the CCPs through Superstar and then exported and then added into the sequence by Copy/Paste.

Maybe Brian will jump in and give us some insight.

SuperStar has two modes, CCR mode and Visualizatin mode. If you did your sequence in CCR mode, then click on the Tools menu and select Layout and there is a "location of ribbon controllers" setting at the bottom. Set this to match the location of your actual controllers and it will adjust the sequence accordingly when you export it.

If you are in "Visualization mode" then it gets the location of your controllers from the visualization. In other words, whereever pixel 1 starts on the visualization is where the controller is.

If you set it correctly and are still having problems with it being upside down, let me know

And by the way, I usually only monitor the "SuperStar" section of the forums. I only knew about this thread because someone messaged me about it.

Thanks Brian. Wow, I don't want to flip the circles, but it is refreshing to know I am not the only one with this issue. I looked at the settings for the sequence that is working correctly, and it matches the one that is upside down, but it plays correctly. Let me do a few more things and I will get back to you. I will also move this into the superstar forum.

Thanks

Greg

Edited by Greg Doughty

Thanks Brian. Wow, I don't want to flip the circles, but it is refreshing to know I am not the only one with this issue. I looked at the settings for the sequence that is working correctly, and it matches the one that is upside down, but it plays correctly. Let me do a few more things and I will get back to you. I will also move this into the superstar forum.

Thanks

Greg

I'm sorry Greg, I meant to flip the CCR in the Sequence editor.

• 3 weeks later...

SuperStar has two modes, CCR mode and Visualizatin mode. If you did your sequence in CCR mode, then click on the Tools menu and select Layout and there is a "location of ribbon controllers" setting at the bottom. Set this to match the location of your actual controllers and it will adjust the sequence accordingly when you export it.

If you are in "Visualization mode" then it gets the location of your controllers from the visualization. In other words, whereever pixel 1 starts on the visualization is where the controller is.

If you set it correctly and are still having problems with it being upside down, let me know

And by the way, I usually only monitor the "SuperStar" section of the forums. I only knew about this thread because someone messaged me about it.

Putting channel one flipped in sequence editor it wont work. I spent hours tonight working on this. In your pdf files for your sequences should be put in there.

If you are using CCR mode and using the "Deck the Halls" purchased sequence that is designed for circles, it has a diagram showing where it expects the CCR to start and end on the circle. In CCR mode you are required to set up your circles in that way.

If you use a visualization, you can define the circles any way you want. But if you are using the "Deck the Halls" sequence you will still need to define it in a way that has the first square on the sequencing grid be at the center left of the circle and go clockwise from there.

To be honest, I am still working out how to best do some of these things. It is hard to instruct how to set up the CCRs in a visualization for every desired situation. If it helps, and you are using a visualization file, you can email your visualization file to brian@superstarlights.com and I will take a look at it.

Also, if you are creating a sequence from scratch, I have a new way to define the circles by using an imported visualization. As I say, this is for a new sequence, it will not work if you are using the purchased "Deck the Halls" sequence.

To see the new way, click on the File menu and select Open, navigate to the "samples" directory, and open "Vis_circles_4.sup"

In this new layout, the top half of the circles are in the top sequencing row and the bottom half of the circles is in the second sequencing row. The sample file shows how to do some effects on this kind of layout.

• The topic was locked