Light-O-Rama Forums

Music File Conversion Question

Beren97

itunes should still have your purchases on your account, so you should not have to repurchase the music. I had simiar issues when I downloaded from them, I just went back into my account and redownloaded the file as an MP3 file. I haven't used it for a bit now, but it wasn't that difficult to re-download the file again as an MP3. But you have to tell itunes what format you want it in, otherwise it defaults to that m4a format, and I have not found a program that likes that format to convert it from. Not saying there isn't one, I just haven't found one to convert those files to MP3.

But I'd try going back into your account, look up your history, find the song you purchased and just redownload in MP3.

Best of luck with it.

Edited by Slipstream

Is there an "easy" way to convert the m4a music files I have in Itunes into files that can be recognized by LOR? ...or do I need to purchase these music files again?

Very easy! In Itunes music library go to Edit, preferences, General, Import Settings, Import Using: Choose- WAV Encoder.

Now go to the song you want converted, right click and select "create WAV version". It will place the converted just below the original song. I normally rename it with a .wav after the name to differentiate the two.

Yep, John's got it.. you can convert iTunes .m4a (or aac's) to .wav files (recommended format), as .mp3's.. while smaller, must be in CBR (Constant Bit Rate) format when used in the Sequencer. If you check your .mp3's (right-click the .mp3, Properties), and see that they are VBR (Variable Bit Rate), the timings can change whilst being played, throwing off the audio track from what you intended. There are several free programs out there.. Goldwave (v5.12 and lower), Audacity (any version) and several others can re-save your VBR .mp3s into either .wav or CBR .mp3.

Edited by TJ Hvasta