Light-O-Rama Forums

X Marks The Spot Water Jets

magish01

So all you people that spend so much time planning, designing and building your water jet fountains. Stop wasting time and try my method. Lay out your display. Start to set up your CCR arches. Make sure you pick the right spot like me...I have a 1200 foot square grass area to choose from. Pick the ONE SQUARE INCH in that 1200 square feet where your water line crosses, and drive your CCR rebar support stake right through the water line!!!!! Instant water jet.

Looks like my display will be starting a day later, as my wife didn't like not having water pressure in the house and really didn't want a permanent fountain in the front yard.

Well, I now know where NOT to drive the rest of the stakes.

Sure would have looked pretty with Floods (CCF Type not water type) illuminating the spray.

Water lines around here are at least 6' deep. I wish I knew how deep the gas lines are buried. Haven't hit it yet. :P

Well, got the water line fixed. Had a lot of neighbors asking "Whatcha doing" when they saw the big hole in the yard. Most of them know I do pyrotechnic shows so after about the 3rd question, I started telling them that I was able to get an 8" aerial shell from work and planned on burying it till the end of the show on July 4th when it would launch. "I hope the blast doesn't break your windows". Got some looks like they were not sure I was kidding. Gonna try and sell the Brooklyn Bridge next.

Water lines around here are at least 6' deep. I wish I knew how deep the gas lines are buried. Haven't hit it yet. :P

Yeah, the advantages of living in frost country lol.

Our cable lines are barely inches below, though - I had to have a new one installed a few years back and I watch the guy do it - with a hand spade.

• 2 weeks later...

Where is the video ? Our water line, ( by code ) has to be 2 feet deep. How long where your rebar? 2' 1" ?