Light-O-Rama Forums

Sell/Transfer License...

KX6D

I purchased S3 Advanced this past year (in order to use RDS). I purchased 2 controllers last year.

To date I have yet to get a show up and running! Not the software/hardware fault!

I've decided to sell it all. Am I allowed to sell or transfer the software license?

I remember seeing something about that last year, but can't find it.

Dino - KX6D

KX6D wrote:

I purchased S3 Advanced this past year (in order to use RDS). I purchased 2 controllers last year.

To date I have yet to get a show up and running! Not the software/hardware fault!

I've decided to sell it all. Am I allowed to sell or transfer the software license?

I remember seeing something about that last year, but can't find it.

Dino - KX6D

I'd contact LOR..they may be able to work with you on some way of transferring whats remaining of the 5 seats you have for your license. But like Fast Eddy said, its not real common, but still worth inquiring.

edvas69 wrote:

Software licenses are non transferable. This is common practice with all software vendors

Not entirely true. I have some graphics and video editing software that I use and if I decide to quit using it and remove it from my system, I *can* transfer the license to someone else.

To do so I have to send an e-mail to the company that issued the license, make a statement that the original and all copies of the software have been removed from my system, and givem the company the full name of the person to whom I wish to transfer my software license too.

Most often this transfer is 100% free.

Although, but not very often, there are times there are transfer fees involved, although usually not more than 20% of the original license fee.

We are having a So Cal. LOR Get-Together in June, if you have not sold the controllers by then you are welcome to bring them here. Somebody in the group might be interested in buying them.
Or, you are welcome to hang out and discuss the hobby with some advanced users, you may decide to keep them.

Sequencing does seem a little overwhelming at first, but it does get easier with time.

If you're interested let me know.

Good Luck,

Scott

KX6D wrote:

FYI - I verified with Dan. He says -
We let them transfer the license. We need to get an email from the email address of the original owner and the new email address to switch the license to.

• 10 months later...

Don wrote:

FYI - I verified with Dan. He says -

We let them transfer the license. We need to get an email from the email address of the original owner and the new email address to switch the license to.

I know this is an old thread, but is this still the case with being able to sell/transfer a license? Thank you. Edited by vincerules

• 2 weeks later...

Anybody?

I currently have LOR Advanced (up to 3.8) with superstar 4_CCR that I no longer use. I would love to be able to sell to someone for a good deal to jump start them into LOR.

• 9 months later...

I suggested to a fellow I meet to ask about a transfer of Lor software & so he asked "the help desk" & they told him no. The fellow he wants to buy controllers from & the software is leaving the scene & since the license was already paid for by the original owner I cannot see why he couldn't put the software in as well.

I suggested to a fellow I meet to ask about a transfer of Lor software & so he asked "the help desk" & they told him no. The fellow he wants to buy controllers from & the software is leaving the scene & since the license was already paid for by the original owner I cannot see why he couldn't put the software in as well.

I'd message Dan, since he was the one who said it earlier in this thread (via quote anyway).  It seems LOR is having trouble communicating their policies to all of their employees (remembering the TRIAC fiasco last season). 

• Like 2

We are having a So Cal. LOR Get-Together in June, if you have not sold the controllers by then you are welcome to bring them here. Somebody in the group might be interested in buying them.

Or, you are welcome to hang out and discuss the hobby with some advanced users, you may decide to keep them.

Sequencing does seem a little overwhelming at first, but it does get easier with time.

If you're interested let me know.

Good Luck,

Sco

We are having a So Cal. LOR Get-Together in June

Where at?

That was a very old statement, but Scott hosts one every year in Simi Valley. A lot of fun. Assuming that there is one in a few months, you could likely come up the 57 to my house in Glendora and then carpool to save a little gas money. Last 2 years I have picked up Joe in Glendale fro the drive over to Simi.

That was a very old statement, but Scott hosts one every year in Simi Valley. A lot of fun. Assuming that there is one in a few months, you could likely come up the 57 to my house in Glendora and then carpool to save a little gas money. Last 2 years I have picked up Joe in Glendale fro the drive over to Simi.

a half hour LATER I noticed the date.  :)    Its been one of those days