Light-O-Rama Forums

LOR Water Pump?

JHolmes

Ahhh the Mystical Fountian controller

http://lightorama.com/Documents/MLC-100.pdf

I was really inerested in this, but I can barely keep up sequencing lights. Having a moving fountian head with lights AND VFD pumps would send me over the edge.
I did a fountian in my show show this year, but the pump was just a static on / off.

Anyway, All I know about the board is from a brief conversation with Dan at the last expo.

It seemed like another company had asked for the board, but then interest had fallen off. He said it was "on the shelf" for now, but that we might one day see it.

The look varied greatly depending on the vantage point, but you get the idea.

The light would pretty much stop at the apex.
Next year, I probably need a better light source.
Its kinda hard to find a 20 - 50 Watt DMX Fiber optic Illuminator.

fountian.jpg

Not sure about if this will work with water, but I saw a post about somebody was using a tiki torch and a gas pump to make big flames.
http://forums.lightorama.com/view_topic.php?id=27884&forum_id=83&highlight=tiki+torch

I work in a night club and we have 4 electrical pumps that we use with CO2 to make steam and maybe it will work with water but I not sure if the water will be ejected with more pressure.
http://www.facebook.com/video/video.php?v=228231603902889

Those pumps I bought it in a little town near Tampa, Fl

I actually have fire taken care of :)
We are going to be importing Chinese products from the same supplier that Disney uses for their productions. We are even considering offering them on our product-line, so if you have an interest, let us know :).

The light source was DMX, and that was controlled by LOR using an Enttec dongle.The pump was setup as ALWAYS ON. For flow controll I had 1 channel that activated a valve, the valve would basically just divert the water flow AWAY from the nozzel / jet.

Activating the channel for a short time would make the flow drop, and holding the channel on for several seconds would make the water totally stop.

It was not quite what I wanted, but close enough for my first try with water to be happy. Eventually I will have directional nozzels and VFD Pumps.

I'd be interested in the fire / gas setup if you intend to carry / sell the valves and or nozzel.

Send an email to info (at) lightsmusicmagic (dot) com and let us know you're interested so we can contact you when we are ready.

Just so you know what I mean, we're not talking about a water/fire unit, it would strictly be bursts of fire.

gizmomkr wrote:

The light source was DMX, and that was controlled by LOR using an Enttec dongle.The pump was setup as ALWAYS ON. For flow controll I had 1 channel that activated a valve, the valve would basically just divert the water flow AWAY from the nozzel / jet.

Activating the channel for a short time would make the flow drop, and holding the channel on for several seconds would make the water totally stop.

It was not quite what I wanted, but close enough for my first try with water to be happy. Eventually I will have directional nozzels and VFD Pumps.

I'd be interested in the fire / gas setup if you intend to carry / sell the valves and or nozzel.

This may be an option but I've used these for various other "juvenile" projects with great success. If I was to include water into my show this would be my first choice of control. With the right DC adapter you may be able to use your current 110v light controller.

http://www.homedepot.com/h_d1/N-5yc1v/R-100006711/h_d2/ProductDisplay?langId=-1&storeId=10051&catalogId=10053

BrianC wrote:

This may be an option but I've used these for various other "juvenile" projects with great success. If I was to include water into my show this would be my first choice of control. With the right DC adapter you may be able to use your current 110v light controller.

http://www.homedepot.com/h_d1/N-5yc1v/R-100006711/h_d2/ProductDisplay?langId=-1&storeId=10051&catalogId=10053

You are correct you can control this valve with a wallwart using a LOR controller or by using a LOR controller
with dual AC inputs an a 24 volt transformer.
Hook up the transformer to the fist 8 AC/DC doggle side an the 110 to the second 8 AC doggle side.

I use these methods to control serval flower beds an mist beds.

I intend to try to use these with a water feature and some RGBs this summer.

• 3 weeks later...

I used a 3/4 Horsepower Whole House Water Pressure Booster Pump from harbor freight. I also used 5 Orbit's Inline Valve and 5 SSR to switch the valves on and off. I wouldn't recommend plugging the 24V A/C transformers directly into the LOR controllers. I used the SSR to isolate the transformers from the LOR controller. Worked very well for my setup but again there are several ways to do this. Just need to figure out what works best for you.

JHolmes wrote:

I actually have fire taken care of :P
We are going to be importing Chinese products from the same supplier that Disney uses for their productions. We are even considering offering them on our product-line, so if you have an interest, let us know :).

Can you elaborate on what disney uses?

Dr. Jones wrote:

JHolmes wrote:
I actually have fire taken care of :)

Can you elaborate on what disney uses?

LOL!!!