Light-O-Rama Forums

1st Sequence Complete

Mike Manzara

I reallly like Queen of the Winter Night. Being a newbie I have tried using some sequences produced by others and they either have too many channels or not enough channels and there is no music. Bottom line is I still have a lot to learn. The tapper wizard works fine and the beat wizard is pretty good. It also helps to show the audio file.

Thanks for the input

Mike Manzara wrote:

. Being a newbie I have tried using some sequences produced by others and they either have too many channels or not enough channels and there is no music.

Thanks for the input
Using a shared sequence can be a good learning tool. You have 32 channels so look at sequences with 48 channel or more and that way you have more effects to choose from.

Is your yard well balanced (symmetric) ..........if so that can make sequencing a bit easier..........well it gets a bit easier for me after 3 years.

I said that to say that many shared sequences do not fit very well in my display unless I hack, paste, add effects etc.........after you do all that you practically end up making a new one.

Like Jim said the timing marks are the things you want from a shared sequence.

That being said I actually found a few sequencers that have symmetric yards and what they do in their sequence can easy fit into mine, and now I found out that the fellow (whom I thanked in an email) for sharing his sequences will have over 300 channels this year (way more than my 176 out of 192 channels that I use) and so I guess there will be some displays added in his display.

I now have 3 sequences completed, 1 was done for me and two I did myself. I like everything in even numbers (including arches) where others like a odd number on the arch.

All 3 sequences are songs that (maybe) no one has ever done. 2 songs for sure are about Canada so I doubt anyone south of us well use them.

I have a few more songs that are along the same lines and I was given permission to use these songs.

Anyhow there are shared sequences out there that will fit with some adjustments made to the sequences that you can use, but when you do your own from scratch including timing marks you learn a lot more and your happy. The wave form helps me (not all songs) but it helps nonetheless.

• 2 weeks later...

lightzilla wrote:

2 songs for sure are about Canada so I doubt anyone south of us well use them.

Can I ask what songs those are ?!

Still looking to possibly add a 6th song to my 32 channel display.

Dave

Racemedic and others,

Whats your lineup so far?

I so far have:

Space walk (intro)

Linus and Lucy (in the works)

Carol of the bells

Christmas vacation

Music box dancer

Queen of the Winter Night

I am always willing to share with others. That's the only way I got to where I am.

crackchecker wrote:

Space walk (intro)

Hmm .... What is that !?

My line-up ... all completed already !

Carol of the Bells

Alvin & Chipmunks

Music Box Dancer

Linus & Lucy - Abbreviated.

Wizards of Winter

Dave

Well, call me ambitious but I would prefer to have at least 10 songs programmed that I could mix and match on various days of the week and create 2 shows per weekend night.

My proposed lineup:

O, holy night by Caroll Baker (Canadian Artist)

Rudolph the red nosed reindeer (Carol Baker)

Queen of the winter night (TSO)

Wizards of Winter (TSO)

Christmas Canon (TSO)

Little Drummer Boy (Manheim Steamroller)

at least 4 others once I find the appropriate music. I want to have each show at least 15 minutes in length.

Once I am happy with my reult I will forward it to you. I want to try and shorten it a bit.

Sorry ... thought I could delete after testing the banner !

Ok ... stupid question ... how do you attach a banner to posts properly ?!

Dave

Attached files 201845=11232-Banner.jpg

Just a slight correction of the TSO song title - it's Wizards in Winter. I made the same mistake when I first posted my animations last year on youtube (sjmiller4)....

Even after whipping out 8 songs from scratch and tweaking one from a download, I find I spent on average of 40 to 60 hours per song doing the animation. Last year I had 64 channels of LOR and 96 channels of a DIO project (on/off). And used 81 channels, I'm adding another 32 channels of LOR this year and redoing my entire display.

Welcome to the world of creative lighting - the more you have the more you want..

Steve