Light-O-Rama Forums

Contest Winners?

Ponddude

Not to be my usual annoying self, but when are the contest winners going to be announced?! It is supposed to happen today and I am patiently (impatiently) waiting.

:D

Technically, ‘today’ still has several hours left in it.

I look forward to the winners every year. The snow has left and it’s in the 70’s already. The videos give me another Christmas push so that I can continue working on my display instead of the stuff my wife wants me to do.:D

Winners have been posted!

Congratulations to all the winners!! I am really looking forward to seeing videos of all the winners displays, especially the Grand Prize winner. Looks impressive!

Mountainwxman wrote:

I know I didn't win.

No email or phone call, lol!

Actually none of the winners have been contacted yet. They will be contacted in the next day or two. We will get the videos posted soon.

Dan

Darn, I didn't win...but I was Happy to see the commercial display winner. I stumbled across their website some time back and thought it was spectacular. Wish I could see it in person!

Guest wbottomley

LightORamaDan wrote:

Mountainwxman wrote:
I know I didn't win.

No email or phone call, lol!

Actually none of the winners have been contacted yet.  They will be contacted in the next day or two. We will get the videos posted soon.

Dan

Good deal Dan.

All of you have a hard job sorting through 100's of entries each year.

There was a typo in the winners page. The winner of the Cat 5 is: Scott Weber of Illinois not Scott Webber of Connecticut as originally posted.

Dan

You just click on the line that says

Video Coming Soon

and the videos will just pop up.

WOW! The video of the Grand Prize winner is spectacular... Great Job and congrats to all the winners...;)

Brian Mitchell wrote:

You just click on the line that says

Video Coming Soon

and the videos will just pop up.

Brian, That is just so April 1st of you!

We will get the videos up before the end of Friday if possible. One of them is 900Mb and we need to get it smaller! The company that processes the videos for our web pages has not done so yet but we will get something up.

Dan

LightORamaDan wrote:

One of them is 900Mb and we need to get it smaller!

900MB!! Wow. Was it shot with a 1080P High Definition video camera? Or maybe with the $21,000 Panasonic 3d video camera that isn't out yet. Then we can all wear Real 3d glasses and enjoy the show. That would be a treat. 10 years from now I expect all contest entries to be in 3d. :?

Ha Ha. The Elfvis by Mark Dillon was cute. That commercial display was my favorite though. Pretty amazing setup.

• 2 weeks later...

:shock: Wow!
I will tell you Dan.... Almost glad mine didn't win! That is the most impressive group of winners I have seen on your web site.

Do you have any of the winner's web pages? Would like to see some of the "Behind The Scenes" stuff.

Thanks,
Robert
Fayetteville,GA

Robert Burton wrote:

:shock: Wow!
I will tell you Dan.... Almost glad mine didn't win! That is the most impressive group of winners I have seen on your web site.

Do you have any of the winner's web pages? Would like to see some of the "Behind The Scenes" stuff.

Thanks,
Robert
Fayetteville,GA

There were a ton of great videos this year and it just gets harder to decide which display should win.

I will see if we can find any websites for them.

Dan

Think about this too though Dan.
Several of these were VERY original. Makes me want to re-think about what I will do this next year :P