Light-O-Rama Forums

Epcot

friskybri

Garry:
We'll have to try to hook up in August. I see on the app that Robin Cleveland is the Service administrator for PGI.
It actually says though right on the App that if you plan to attend the current years convention in Aug you must be a member by June 1st of that year. I think that has been changed recently as I seem to remember it saying Jan 1st last time I looked in to it.
I do plan on attending the three big display nights. Actually the company I work for likes the mega string. The crane they use is from Miron Construction, a customer of ours. When that things is lit the heat from it bakes the crane cable and it has to be replaced, which they get from us.

Lenny

• 4 weeks later...

Epcot ??? That is great idea and a great show! In December I set up a show on my campsite at Disneys Fort Wilderness Campground (youtube below). Cinderella's castle (6ft tall) surrounded by 26 trees and a couple of Firefli units for my Tinkerbell effect. Music is from "Wishes". If you had the site next to me ?????????

Thanks, Dave

The castle is 6ft tall and 4ft wide. It is made out of MDO (medium,density,overlay) 3/4 in thick. I used a picture of the castle from a Disney artist then enlarged it and decoupaged it to the board. It ended up being 26 pages of 8 1/2 x 11 sheets of photo quailty paper. Then 2 more layers of clear deco matt and then 6 coats of matt clear acrylic to protect it. Then cut around the board with a jigsaw and then fine tuned it with a dremel tool. There are 408 holes in the castle for the turrets, windows and arches. The castle is lit with 5 flood lights.

This is my first attempt at sequencing. Everytime I get on the LOR forum and see some of the shows I a humbled and realize how much I have to learn.

Thanks,

Dave

Mr Dave wrote:

Epcot ??? That is great idea and a great show! In December I set up a show on my campsite at Disneys Fort Wilderness Campground (youtube below). Cinderella's castle (6ft tall) surrounded by 26 trees and a couple of Firefli units for my Tinkerbell effect. Music is from "Wishes". If you had the site next to me ?????????

Thanks, Dave

One word: AWESOME! That was one of the coolest videos I've seen using LOR to animate a show. Great talent you have there Dave. I may have to find when your next set up like that is so I can see it in person. Just awesome.

Thanks, Orville. I will be at Fort Wilderness this Christmas from Dec 5th to the 26th.

Dave

Thanks, Orville. I will be at Fort Wilderness this Christmas from Dec 5th to the 26th.

Dave

So you are saying the castle is flat? I'd swear it was 3D. It looks great.

Mr Dave,
I have to agree with Orville, one word Awesome, Awesome, Awesome.
I so love the castle.
I made the same castle out of lights and coro last year and I was pleased but this is great. And hard to believe from the video it's not 3D.

Great job!!!

• The topic was locked