Light-O-Rama Forums

How I Mounted My Controllers

Guest guest

Robin wrote:

Looks great. Let me tell you how I mount mine. Please follow closely as I am not sure if I can repeat it.

First: Cut points on 30" long 2X3 boards.
Second: Pound two boards in the ground with big sledge hammer
Third: Take two (2) drywall screws and screw box onto the 2x3 boards
Last: Spray paint boards and boxes flat black so as not to be seen.

Repeat steps 1-4 on each board till finished.

:laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing:

Hahaha! Certainly the easy way, Robin... :D

greenmeanie wrote:

Is that the proper way to set your jumpers?

You have them HOT to HOT NEU to NEU?

Yes this is the proper way. it might work the other way, I have never tried it.

[Edit]Opps didn't see the second page when i posted, now I see this was already answered.

EAB wrote:

Robin wrote:
Looks great. Let me tell you how I mount mine. Please follow closely as I am not sure if I can repeat it.

First: Cut points on 30" long 2X3 boards.
Second: Pound two boards in the ground with big sledge hammer
Third: Take two (2) drywall screws and screw box onto the 2x3 boards
Last: Spray paint boards and boxes flat black so as not to be seen.

Repeat steps 1-4 on each board till finished.

:laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing:

Hahaha! Certainly the easy way, Robin... :D

Robin, I might prefer Olive Drab Green the army uses it for camo, and certainly you can't see any of thier jeeps or tanks.

Great looking box, and exactly what I've been trying to find. Since the URL you gave doesn't have any more of those in stock, any chance we could get the Manufacturer & Model to try and find other sources?

nofreeze wrote:

I was just wondering were you got your cords?

Thanks

Bryan:tree:

The left controller rack cords are all from LOR. The middle and right controller racks have LOR power cords but custom made SPT2 cords with female vampire plugs on the end.

:waycool: That is so cool. I'm conteplating on going this route, in near future. Would you

mind if I saved these pages. Also I live in Winston Salem, NC would love to see your display this year.

Santaman wrote:

:waycool: That is so cool. I'm conteplating on going this route, in near future. Would you

mind if I saved these pages. Also I live in Winston Salem, NC would love to see your display this year.

Everything should be rockin' & rollin' the day after thanksgiving. Winston is only a 60 minute drive to my place. Been doing it for 10 1/2 years:shock: