Light-O-Rama Forums

How I Mounted My Controllers

Guest guest

Since this board will only be carring 1600 lights, I only used one power supply cord. So I placed jumpers in from the right side to the left side. The output cords are SPT2 16 gauage.

Attached files 64911=3954-Controller (5).JPG

Here is one of three racks. This one is for the mega tree. I used pressure-treated lumber for the rack. I figure about 12 inches of space per controller. This rack is 36 inches long by 20 inches high. The feet are 2x4's 24 inches long, the legs are 2x4's 20 inches high, the cross pieces are 2x2's 36 inches long, and the cord relief is 42 inches long.

Attached files 64912=3955-Controller (7).JPG

Now here's all three racks. This is a total of 128 channels. Anyone is welcome to my idea. Hopefully it will be some help to others in the pc community. Now it's on to the construction of my mega tree.

By the way... swing and garbage can is not included in the plans:laughing:

Attached files 64914=3956-Controller (6).JPG

• 1 month later...

I like them, good job, having done only 3 1/2 controllers (3-16 channels and and 1-8 channel of LOR) I have an idea of how much work was involved, you should be proud, but I must say when I did mine it was a lot of fun (not like work at all) was almost sad when I got it done because I wanted to do more. There is nothing in the world like taking a bunch of parts and cutting, screwing, gluing and assembling and when it is all done, saying "I did that". Almost like being a proud parent (ok, so we are proud parents, its like, today I delivered 56 Channels of bouncing, blinking LOR:waycool:).

But really man, good job (sorry I missed the post earlier, I was indisposed).

Bill

Like each rack...I see you have the treated 4x4's, plus 3 controllers adn the cords...lot of weight

I don't thing anybody is going to steal them anytime soon!

EDIT: I thought they were all 4x4's--That's alot of weight...but they are 2x4's, so yeah, probably lighter.

lkcubsrule wrote:

Like each rack...I see you have the treated 4x4's, plus 3 controllers adn the cords...lot of weight

I don't thing anybody is going to steal them anytime soon!

EDIT: I thought they were all 4x4's--That's alot of weight...but they are 2x4's, so yeah, probably lighter.

The picture with all three racks... here's what I projected the weight to be.

Left one: Heavy duty 30-35 lbs

Center one: Medium duty 15-20 lbs

Right one: Light duty 20-25 lbs

Looks great. Let me tell you how I mount mine. Please follow closely as I am not sure if I can repeat it.

First: Cut points on 30" long 2X3 boards.
Second: Pound two boards in the ground with big sledge hammer
Third: Take two (2) drywall screws and screw box onto the 2x3 boards
Last: Spray paint boards and boxes flat black so as not to be seen.

Repeat steps 1-4 on each board till finished.

:laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing: