Light-O-Rama Forums

programmimg CCR

huskernut

So, I finally got the CCR out of the box and rolled out on a 18 foot piece of PVC to start experimenting with writing a sequence.

The first thing I did was start to load the channels into the sequence editor. I am only up to the first set ( red channel 19 ) and Im thinking to myself, there has to be something I am missing, you really have to enter 157 channels, one at a time to program this thing?

I know I could do it all with macros and would be easier but is there some ready made template I am supposed to know about?

Rick

Hi Rick

If you only plan to use the macros, just define the 1,2,3 and 151-157. If you want full 50 resolution and regular programming you need to do them all.

You can paste them with notepad if you feel comfortable with XML. If not I will do it for you. Just send me the sequence you are using as a starting point.

Thanks Bob,

Teach a man to fish so they say. I got into the template I had started and used notepad and have so far been able to edit my way into what I wanted. You were a big help.

Rick

Update: I have to say, this was easier than I ever thought it would be. I am sure I will use macros at some point for the right things but editing the channel configuration I found how easy it was to import the new one with ccr channels on top of the 2009 sequences then just to play around a bit I copied and pasted some of the movements from my mega tree and my minis into the ccr channels and it came to life.

I love this thing!!!!!!!!:dude::dude::dude::dude::dude::dude::dude::dude::dude: Thanks for the information Bob.

Rick

huskernut wrote:

Update: I have to say, this was easier than I ever thought it would be. I am sure I will use macros at some point for the right things but editing the channel configuration I found how easy it was to import the new one with ccr channels on top of the 2009 sequences then just to play around a bit I copied and pasted some of the movements from my mega tree and my minis into the ccr channels and it came to life.

I love this thing!!!!!!!!:dude::dude::dude::dude::dude::dude::dude::dude::dude: Thanks for the information Bob.

Rick

Rick

Thank you Thank you for validating what I have been saying..... Here is a link to my how to for other people just starting out...

http://lightorama.mywowbb.com/forum89/20707.html

• 7 months later...

I am totally, 100% lost with this CCR. Well, actually, 75% lost, as I can program it pixel by pixel, which is a pain.

I am trying to do macros, but I don't know how to set the B channel (3) to 100% (as stated in page 23 of the CCR User's Manual.

My sequence editor shows each CCD pixel as RGB, so I can't just select all the Blue to turn them on (I am trying to do the Example for Leaping Arch in Blue).

Please help!!

Stan

stanward wrote:

I am totally, 100% lost with this CCR. Well, actually, 75% lost, as I can program it pixel by pixel, which is a pain.

I am trying to do macros, but I don't know how to set the B channel (3) to 100% (as stated in page 23 of the CCR User's Manual.

My sequence editor shows each CCD pixel as RGB, so I can't just select all the Blue to turn them on (I am trying to do the Example for Leaping Arch in Blue).

Please help!!

Stan

The pixel by pixel route isn't that difficult if you have downloaded the updated version of the sequence editor. I sequenced pretty much all my show that way. I find the macros a lot more confusing. I only used macros a couple of times in my show. The CCR was pretty confusing at first though. If you are set on using all macros, i would recommend using ItsMeBobO's macro maestro program. You can download it from his above post and it is very convenient. Hope this helps and good luck.

Howzit, thanks for the response.

It's hard for me to program the CCR pixel by pixel because they are laid out as RGB. So if I want all blue, I have to "open" each pixel to select just the blue.

I am running v2.8.12.

For solid colors, I find it saves quite a bit of time to just "open" the first pixel and program into that one the color I'm wanting and then paste multiple down into the other 49 channels. Even chases are a breeze if you just program either the first or last RGB channel and then use the chase tool to fill in the other 49. And the paste-from-foreground option is quite an effective tool for filling in colors around chases.

stanward wrote:

Howzit, thanks for the response.

It's hard for me to program the CCR pixel by pixel because they are laid out as RGB. So if I want all blue, I have to "open" each pixel to select just the blue.

I am running v2.8.12.

just use the color fade button and have both the colors blue or whatever color you want. then once you have one pixel the way you want, you can copy and paste multiple or whatever.

Rather than copying and pasting directly into XML to create the channels, you might want to check out the "Insert Device" feature, which allows you to add a CCR (or other things).

Right click on a channel button, and there will be "Insert Device" on the popup menu that opens, allowing you to insert a new device either above or below that channel.

Details on "Insert Device" can be found on the following help file page:

http://lightorama.com/help/index.html?insert_device.htm

Thanks Bob,

I started this thread back in March before you could insert multiple RGB channels or at least I dont think it existed then??

editing the XML file was a much simpler solution, at least for me, then but I wouldnt see a need for it now.

Rick

I'm trying to create a template (lcc) with 4 CCRs. There's a "demo" template with one CCR but it has a wierd anomoly, e.g it's "Unit=1" in channels 1-150 but then "Unit=10" in channels 151-157. If I try to copy it, I get errors. If I try to "Insert a Device" and select CCD, I also get errors. Am I doing something wrong? Anyone have a preset template for four CCRs?

BTW, what does the "SavedIndex" do? In the sample file, it lags the circuit ID by one. In the file from ItsMeBob it's left blank.

Thanks, that's similar to what I tried. Problem is when I turn on just channel 1 (red), it shows up as white on the CCR. When I look at the settings in the sequence editor, it says all three colors are on although only channel 1 is turned on. What am I doing wrong?

chckr wrote:

Thanks, that's similar to what I tried. Problem is when I turn on just channel 1 (red), it shows up as white on the CCR. When I look at the settings in the sequence editor, it says all three colors are on although only channel 1 is turned on. What am I doing wrong?

I don't understand what you mean by "When I look at the settings in the sequence editor, it says all three colors are on although only channel 1 is turned on". Could you please rephrase it? Thanks.

I am not sure I 100% understand what you are seeing but keep in mind you say you turned on channel 1.... Channel one is not red, it is now an RGB channel so when you turn it on you turn on all 3 colors and you get white. There are a few ways to get a color in one channel. The easiest being to use the color fade tool to select your color. If you want just one color then select the same color on both sides of the fade.

You can now enter the color fade in the cell and you will get the color you want.

An interesting thing about color fade is that even if you choose just one color (same color on both sides of the fade. If you want to put that color in one cell, clicking on that cell does not do it, you actually have to click in the cell, hold down the mouse and do a slight drag from one side to the other to get it to recognize that you are doing a fade in that single cell. At least thats how it works for me

Hope this helps

Rick

Oh I see now...in another sample file template that I downloaded from the forum, there are 157 channels (150+7) setup, one for each color in the 50 pixels. In the "Add Device" template, there are 57 channels (50+7) where the RGB channels are combined for each pixel.

Is there an advantage to programming in either method? Templates available for the 157 channel version? I see for Macro only programming there's a simplier 10 channel version as well. Be nice to have all these options in the "Add Device" function. I know others have programmed in 157 scheme and it'd be nice to be able to run those on my 2x2 CCR matrix (4 CCRs). A primer on how to program the CCR would be nice, is there one available?

One last question, with 4 CCRs (each with it's own UnitID), do you still set the Number of Strings to "1" in the Hardware Utility?

Well, those 50 channels aren't really channels - they're RGB channels, which are very different things. You can apply colors directly to them (using the "Color Fade" tool, for example), which you can't do to a channel. Also, if you click on the little red, green, and blue striped button to the left of one of them, that will expand it so that you can see the three channels that make up that RGB channel.

More information about RGB channels can be found on the following help file page:

http://lightorama.com/help/index.html?rgb_channels.htm

• The topic was locked