Light-O-Rama Forums

More than one strand on a channell

Guest guest

Hi all,
I am still awaiting delivery of my 16 channler controller. What I want to know if there is an issue with running more than on strand of lights on a channel. I do not plan on more than two strands on any one channel, but I may need two to cover certian lengths. Thanks for any help.

Flanman

flanman wrote:

Hi all,
I am still awaiting delivery of my 16 channler controller. What I want to know if there is an issue with running more than on strand of lights on a channel. I do not plan on more than two strands on any one channel, but I may need two to cover certian lengths. Thanks for any help.

Flanman

You can have way more than one strand on a channel. Some of our channels are entire trees with lights...

You just need to keep each channel under 6-8A (can't remember the exact spec) and the total that can be on at a given time for each controller/side of a controller to under 15A (or 20A for some boards).

-Tim

You can def run more than 1 strand off each channel. Take for instance myself. I only have 16 channels this year, but ask those that have seen my display and your would not know it. On each channel I have 800 mini lights, and 25 c9's. Works great.