Light-O-Rama Forums

Macros - I don't Get It

George Simmons

So far, after a day of playing with a CCR I'm able to make red, green, blue, purple, teal, and white sweeps and fills and such. However, I am still completely unable to comprehend macros and unable to make any of them work - which might be redundant - I don't know. I've gone through LOR's Quick Start Guide and can make the damn thing do stuff in the hardware utility but can't translate any of that to sequencing. The LOR CCR User Manual has me almost totally baffled. Does anyone have a plain English description of how can I make a macro work in the Sequence Editor?

Hi George

I don't have any CCR's

i have read and re-read the manual a half dozen times

not real clear in my mind without having a unit to play with

I did put this info together as a guess

hopefully it will help, but i am just guessing

this info is for standard LOR addressing not DMX

Frank A.:)

Attached files 200307=11144-ccr_1.jpg

Sorry you are having trouble with the macros. I used them successfully on nearly my entire show. I would be happy to try to help you if you have a particular question.

The macros provide a MUCH easier arch leap with just a moments programing and without dozens of timings.

Here is an example video and the sequence which was used. Look at the track called CR Macro channels.
http://itsmebob.com/Christmas/2009/BobO2009BondExplosive.wmv
http://itsmebob.com/Christmas/2009/BondExplosive.lms
This link will only work until I delete the file.

Just got my CCR yesterday and am confused as anything. After working with it and thinking I have somewhat of an idea,I have a question. What gives you the most versability? The macro mode or non-macro mode?

What I am attempting to do this year is to run two arch's with one ribbon? Can this be done using any of the modes? Some of the post I read on the CCR's are old and I am not sure if any changes have been made. I read somewhere that it is not advised to do what I am wanting.

Can you separate the ribbon into two independant pieces?

Any Ideas?

There is a difference of opinion here on which is easier. You can try both in the same sequence with no problem and see which is better for you. I have done both and prefer the macros for speed. But I do think that if you have an existing sequence with wrapped arches being replaced by a CCR then it may be easier to go the standard way.

There are macro modes which help you with a split ribbon. And of course the standard way can do it as well.

But you do not need a special split ribbon macro if you want your leap to flow past the center and across both arches.

If you want each arch to leap at the same time you use macro modes 7 & 8.

Thanks Bob,

That is exactly what I was looking for. There is no one right way or wrong way...just what fits your application and your style. I am doing all new sequences this year due to the fact that I am adding several more controllers. I just received my first CCR and if I can figure this out, I think I will be getting several more.

I may be looking for advice on both methods when I get into this. Thanks for everyones help.

Mark

Can anyone point me to the firmware version that has macro mode 7 & 8 for the CCR....My current firmware version is 1.03 and I cant get 7 or 8 with this version.

huskernut wrote:

see if you can right click and save link as.

When I do that it insists on saving itself as a htm file.

George Simmons wrote:

huskernut wrote:
see if you can right click and save link as.

When I do that it insists on saving itself as a htm file.

Hi George, I was using Firefox and it worked fine. After I saw your latest note I tried it with Internet Explorer and it did come up with a save box listing it as an .XML file but I could just change the extension to .lms and it worked fine and i was able to open it.

Try changong the file extension, if that doesnt work, PM me with your email address and i will email it to you.

Rick

Steve, do you have a sequence I could look at using the one CCR for two arch's? I am experimenting with macros and they are pretty neat but for me they are more time consuming than regular sequencing for now. I guess I haven't caught up with the learning curve yet.

Anyway, I would like to see a sequence that is not using macros and is set up for two arch's. Also, in the CCR config section are you set to normal ID mode or Legacy? Triples/Sequential, # of Pixels.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

I missed out on the CCR sale this year.

Has anyone here tried this software?

SuperStar Sequence Editor (Demo version) Mini-Tutorial]

]

Overview of the SuperStar Sequence Editor]

]

The SuperStar Sequence Editor uses concepts such as scenes, morphs, and image actions to create a series of effects that are stored in .SUP files (SUP stands for superstar). Once an .SUP file is loaded, it can be exported as a standard Light-O-Rama .LMS file which then can be played by the standard Light-O-Rama sequence editor.]

Note: In the demo version export to an .LMS file has been disabled.]

For my own personal setup, a star is at the top of 12 Cosmic Color Ribbons. Eventually the number of ribbons and layout of the ribbons will be configurable.]

The parameters for the effects are entered in three ways:]

1 – Time scale]

2 – Pixel grid (3 input modes: Monochrome, Morph and Draw)]

3 – Manual entry of values in text fields of dialog boxes]

]

For further information got to: ]www.superstarlights.com

For comments and questions please email: ]superstarlights1@aol.com

]

]