Light-O-Rama Forums

Clearance sale

friskybri

csf wrote:

Geze you guys are fast....

I was hoping for one 16 channel kit with the pre built board, and one DC card...

Guess I will just have to pay full price.

csf, Things went a little faster than expected. We gave a day or so notice this year so it was not a secret sale like previous sales.

EVERYTHING will be on sale in the Summer Sale (NO INVENTORY LIMITS)...

Rich, Yes the Yahoo Store sucks when it comes to many things include inventory control. It does not remove items from inventory until the transaction is complete not when the item is placed in the shopping cart. (sorry).

Dan

• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• jimswinder

• LightORamaDan

• cenote

• PaulXmas

Dan,

Is there an idea of when the summer sale will occur?

the website says June/July, Will it be in that time frame?

Was going to get 3 controllers during the sale.
Wife asked how much I was saving.
She said if you buy 5 it is like getting one free....
No use arguing with her hehehe.
I was all set to order well before 10:00 est.
Credit card info in note pad so I could copy and paste
At 10:00 I put 5 CTB16PC-COMPLETE in my cart and checked out.
Credit card declined!
Ahhhhhhh no time to call the credit card company.

`Honey can I have another credit card.`
She digs in her purse and get another one.
Get the info entered
And.....accepted!

I is a happy camper!

And have the greatest wife in the world!

jldavis1969 wrote:

Dan,

As it stands now, the Summer Sale will be in July.

LightORamaDan wrote:

csf wrote:
Geze you guys are fast....

I was hoping for one 16 channel kit with the pre built board, and one DC card...

Guess I will just have to pay full price.

csf, Things went a little faster than expected. We gave a day or so notice this year so it was not a secret sale like previous sales.

EVERYTHING will be on sale in the Summer Sale (NO INVENTORY LIMITS)...

Rich, Yes the Yahoo Store sucks when it comes to many things include inventory control. It does not remove items from inventory until the transaction is complete not when the item is placed in the shopping cart. (sorry).

Dan

I understand, just a bit disappointed. I was looking forwards to this sale. I am trying to do this as a college student, and with the price of this stuff and the big $8 dollars an hour I make at a part time job, sure you guys can do the math lol.

My Idea was to try one kit, so I had experience with them and then buy a few more in jun, and get one DC card to start working on RGB LED lights and maybe buy another one in jun to control more LED lights if all goes well with the first batch.

It's just a set back, hopefully I will be placing an order some time soon.

pikadroo wrote:

I understand, just a bit disappointed. I was looking forwards to this sale. I am trying to do this as a college student, and with the price of this stuff and the big $8 dollars an hour I make at a part time job, sure you guys can do the math lol.

I think student discounts should be explored by LOR. I am not a student, so it wouldn't be any advantage to me. However, I could see how it would be great to work on something other then papers.

Drew

How could you prove you were a student?
Or what is stopping me from telling my kid to order so I get a discount ?

Students should be spending their money on books and beer.

5:50 am here in Florida and just checked the Sale page, Amazing, there are still a few things left. ctb16pc kit, mini director, 8 channel board.

Wait a minute . . . I thought . . . yes, I'm sure of it! Right there on Page 1452 of the manual it says

"Imbibing prior to sequencing is the preferred method. And if possible, continue libations during the process."

Yup, that's what's in MY manual. :)

But drinking while watching can be a dangerous thing. I've had more than one person ask if anyone had ever had a seizure from watching all the lights go blink.

Cray

Guest Don Gillespie

Well at least two guys from Canada are going to have a great Christmas oh and by the way I see gold after todays hockey game Go Canada Go sorry guys had to throw that at you. will be on a plane not going to be able to see the game. not worried though should be a romp. LOL :D

I so almost missed out. I was working on my transmission and differential in my truck yesterday from 12pm till 8:30pm. Was in the shower at 9pm CST and yelled Im missing the sale. Jumped out and ran for the computer with soap in my hair and dripping wet. I got my 4 controllers. Good thing the pc case was on otherwise I would have been electrocuted

Wife and I were having dinner at friends house and Blackberry went off at 10 til warning me. I got on their home computer, hit the sale page and just kept refreshing the page until the Add To Cart button showed Put in my quantity and paid with PayPal. Inventory showed 500. I was done in less than 5 minutes. 5 minutes later that same controller was all gone. LIke somebody said above, PayPal made all the difference time wise. In the few minutes it took me to get back to the table, wifey thought I had just been to the little boys room. Hehehehehehehe

LightORamaDan wrote:

jldavis1969 wrote:
Dan,

As it stands now, the Summer Sale will be in July.

Thank you for answering. Now I know when to shoot for savings time.

pikadroo wrote:

I think student discounts should be explored by LOR. I am not a student, so it wouldn't be any advantage to me. However, I could see how it would be great to work on something other then papers.

Drew

I have actually thought that this would be nice my self, but always felt strange to bring it up...

Allot of software companies do this, take a look at a site like academic superstore. Most require some thing like a copy of your student id, or a letter from faculty on leader head saying you are a student.

PaulXmas, spending money on text books yes, bear no, well at least I don't, cant say the same about most college students.

Does any one know if LOR gives school organizations discounts? Quite a few faculty members at my college have been taking interest in my LOR projects. I am the president of our computer club on campus, and was thinking about seeing if the school would be interested in allowing us to add LOR to there Christmas display.

pikadroo wrote:

Drew

I think there should be an "old People" discount

Well, I almost missed it! Watching the Olympics..... and the wife warned me that it was 5 after, so I scrambled and barely got my order in! Amazing how fast this stuff went. Dan, I hope it was a good year for LOR.

CSF, check with your school on soft wear uses and see if you can do what to do. pikadroo, maybe look in to some grant funding PS: look in Entertainment Technology and or home automation grant funding.