• johnm160

• ainsworth

• jem5136

Hi

boy, I thought the Christmas lights were fantastic

this really is in a class of its own

great thinking and executuion

Frank A.:D

That was really well done! Very creative and very talented. Amazed a bunch of the people in my office!!!

Can't see what you come up with next!

-Evan

• 1 month later...

jerrymac wrote:

Great job and very inventive. Do you have any day or setup pics of the drummer?

This would be the best I have durring the day... I get so into the set up I forget to take pictures as I go.

Attached files 201692=11217-daytime band.JPG

• 3 weeks later...
Guest guest

Thejones wrote:

jerrymac wrote:

This would be the best I have durring the day... I get so into the set up I forget to take pictures as I go.

Curious, How and what did you make your drummers drums out of? And what type of light/lighting did you use to illuminate them internally like that?

Was thinking of trying to make a drum for a Little Drummer Boy, that I am also considering making and one of your lighted drums would be great for a Christmas drummer boy (without the cobwebs of course.);)

Thanks in advance!

Orville wrote:

Thejones wrote:
jerrymac wrote:

Curious, How and what did you make your drummers drums out of? And what type of light/lighting did you use to illuminate them internally like that?

Was thinking of trying to make a drum for a Little Drummer Boy, that I am also considering making and one of your lighted drums would be great for a Christmas drummer boy (without the cobwebs of course.);)

Thanks in advance!

Staple Gun, chicken wire, a piece of 3/4in ply-wood, and some hot glue!

Each drum has 100 white incandescent lights, and 100 cool white LED lights.

3/4 inch ply-wood cut into circles for the top and bottom of each drum, I drilled holes all the way around each of them for the white mini lights I would later put in them. Then I cut strips of wood to connect the two together, and then wrapped them in chicken wire. I left an opening so I could Glue the lights into the wood. once I put all the lights in the wood I had about 20 lights left so I attached them to the chicken wire and then glued the LED lights all over the chicken wire too (I did not plan it but once I turned them on they looked very cool) and then closed the gap. After that I just wrapped glow in the dark spider webs all over them and I was done. I guess I could of wrapped them in cellophane or something but the spider webs worked just fine.

Hope that helps

Guest guest

Thejones wrote:

Orville wrote:
Thejones wrote:
jerrymac wrote:

Thanks in advance!

Staple Gun, chicken wire, a piece of 3/4in ply-wood, and some hot glue!

Each drum has 100 white incandescent lights, and 100 cool white LED lights.

3/4 inch ply-wood cut into circles for the top and bottom of each drum, I drilled holes all the way around each of them for the white mini lights I would later put in them. Then I cut strips of wood to connect the two together, and then wrapped them in chicken wire. I left an opening so I could Glue the lights into the wood. once I put all the lights in the wood I had about 20 lights left so I attached them to the chicken wire and then glued the LED lights all over the chicken wire too (I did not plan it but once I turned them on they looked very cool) and then closed the gap. After that I just wrapped glow in the dark spider webs all over them and I was done. I guess I could of wrapped them in cellophane or something but the spider webs worked just fine.

Hope that helps

Thanks! That tells me a lot. Now to go find some of my old wood and see what I can do with it, minus the glow in the dark spider webbing! :) Although if I have enough supply and size of wood, I may have to make some to add to a couple of my Halloween props too. Thanks again!

I was wondering if you play Rock Band or Guitar Hero?

The reason I ask is, if you do, have you ever considered using the note charts to sequence your band?

I just noticed you are near SA. May have to take a road trip to see your display :cool:

Bruce

ainsworth wrote:

I was wondering if you play Rock Band or Guitar Hero?

The reason I ask is, if you do, have you ever considered using the note charts to sequence your band?

I just noticed you are near SA. May have to take a road trip to see your display :cool:

Bruce

I have the beatles Rock band, but I think we have played it 2 times... that is a very good Idea though, I will need to find a 12year old kid who can rock out to the game to help me out!

Until my Xbox got RROD I played a lot of rock band/guitar hero. In order to get the highest score people created "paths" for the songs. There real purpose is to show you where to activate star power, but they also show all the notes in the song with timings. My thought was that they would show when and where to light a string on the guitars, or which drum to light, that kind of thing.

I haven't found the site I was looking for but here is an example http://pathhero.codemann8.com/view.php?path=1020

Somewhere there is a site that has all three instruments and the vocals, I just can't remember where. I will try and find it if you are interested. It is an idea I have been playing with. Please don't get me wrong, what you did is outstanding, really cool, great work. Just one additional idea is all.