Light-O-Rama Forums

LOR and The Super Bowl...

jimswinder

shfr26 wrote:

I'll be 58 next week, so I got a few months on George S.

That's right...the 16th right?

Where should I send your LOR Birthday present???

Close but no cigar, its the 15th., and yes you can . One or two PC controllers would be very nice thank you. And then you can start thinking what you will get George S. in April I think. Maybe all of us LOR'er get get him a face lift.:):D. If you want I'll PM you my address, I'll even pay for shipping.

Dang, I thought I was one of the oldest farts here... but you're right Pete, you got me by a couple months. And yes Jim, I'll be as happy as ol' Pete to take delivery of a couple of 16pc's and I'll pay the shipping also. I'll even buy you a case of Coors.

And watch that talk of a face lift or else I'll have to get my doppleganger after ya... not many people know this, for obvious reasons I suppose, but Carl Zachary and I are practically identical twins. I showed my daughter his picture - the one with the moose rack he used to use as his avatar, and she thought it was me.

Sorry George,

I was talking about your "Blue Face" on your house. I would never say anything about your looks, especially after I see myself in the mirror every morning. Or is that "mourning"?

im pretty sure all that equipment was rented for the show... the NFL itself doesnt own it.. someone on Planetchristmas is trying to get the info on what was used and post it there....

its a neat effect in a large venue but not sure how it would look in a yard, mainly because the viewing angle in a stadium is much steeper, whereas the viewing angle in a yard is pretty small.. meaning the average viewer's eyes are only a few feet off the ground as opposed to a football stadium...
-Christopher

Those lasers would look great in my TSO sequence, but too bad the fog would just float away! Besides, I bet those lasers are higher powered than we could legally operate!

tomskillman wrote:

Those lasers would look great in my TSO sequence, but too bad the fog would just float away! Besides, I bet those lasers are higher powered than we could legally operate!

Most likely, lol. 4.9MW versus 30 watts or so.

bhays wrote:

tomskillman wrote:

Most likely, lol. 4.9MW versus 30 watts or so.

Does this come with its own nuke power plant? Ok, I am exaggerating just a bit. But wow 4.9 Mega Watts?

That light show was very awesome:cool:, But, with no disrespect to the WHO, I think it's time for them to retire due to their very tired voices. Their instrument playing in still up there though. So how can we get those lights without having to spend a fortune on CCR's:?.

The Who for the half time show.......u got to be kidding me, right? That was the best the NFL could do for entertainment, some 60year old has been's. I personally did think they were that great when they were 30 years old. Now the lights up staged the band by a million. The light show was fantastic. If the lights did not work, there would have been no show. Some bands are jsut as good live as in a studio setting, the Who was never good live.

Just my opinion.

the who was always knbown for their Light-shows.. seems thats why people used to attend their concerts i was told....

I grew up as a little kid in the 70's and then became a teen in the 80s so I really was more into the beginnings of techno music than i was rock, but I like to listen to rock when im soldering up boards.. if you ask me the who surely couldnt sing the other night.. but I really didnt care I was too busy watching the lights..
-Christopher

Are there really very many singers / bands who sound as good "live" as they do on their albums / CD's??

Imagine how well our light shows would be if we had to do it "live" every night!! lol

jimswinder wrote:

Are there really very many singers / bands who sound as good "live" as they do on their albums / CD's??

I went to see Foghat, James Gang , and Spirit in concert a few years ago, oh wait that was in the early 70's. Anyway, they sounded just as good live as they did on the vinyl. For you younger group, vinyl is 33 1/3 album or record, just in case you did not know.:D

believe it or not vinyl is still manufactured and released for some DJ club music.. some DJ's just prefer vinyl.. (im one of them however I do electronic vinyl now, using Traktor scratch pro.. real vinyl on real turntables but the music source is digital (wav, mp3, aac, etc).
-Christopher

shfr26 wrote:

Anyway, they sounded just as good live as they did on the vinyl.

Always wondered how they got that "scratchy" noise when they played live... lol

Amazingly, Pink Floyd is another band that sounds every bit as good live (maybe even better) than their studio efforts. Hearing David Gilmour's voice ring out through a filled-beyond-capacity stadium is an almost-religious experience.

bhays wrote:

All you guys wanting to re-create the halftime show, act fast. You can get about half the versa tubes you'll need for under $75,000..

Does that include the "Who" playing live??? LOL

• 2 weeks later...