Light-O-Rama Forums

Cosmic Color Ribbon Demo Software is Available

BrianBruderer

I bought 12 Cosmic Color Ribbons to be rays coming down from a star. I call it the SuperStar. CCRs have tremendous potential when using the full 50 pixels per ribbon but I soon found that sequencing them the standard way was difficult. I was not able to get anything ready in time for last Christmas, but I am determined to get this working well before 2010 Christmas.

Being a programmer by profession I developed sequencing software designed just for a grid of CCRs.

My design principle is to never directly edit the standard .lms file. Instead, I have a meta file which is the source file for the effects. The effects can be exported as an .lms file and then they are playable by the standard Light-O-Rama sequence editor.

You can see 2 videos which are examples of what I have done so far by going to youtube and searching for Cosmic Color Ribbon. Or you can use the links below:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xDhMO2KcLcw

I now have a demo version of the software ready. I will soon have it on my website at www.superstarlights.com but until then you can email me at superstarlights1@aol.com and I will email it to you. I am eager to get feedback on what poeple like in the program and what could be improved or added.

-Brian Bruderer

The software currently is for 12 CCRs side by side. I will make this configurable within the next few months.

lonewolvie wrote:

Whats the minimum number of CCR's?

Thanks for the email. I have replied to the email and sent the file as an exe and a zip but all email attempts have been rejected. Do you have a different email address we can try?

-Brian Bruderer

JBullard wrote:

Thanks Brian

email sent

Guest wbottomley

BrianBruderer wrote:

I bought 12 Cosmic Color Ribbons to be rays coming down from a star. I call it the SuperStar. CCRs have tremendous potential when using the full 50 pixels per ribbon but I soon found that sequencing them the standard way was difficult. I was not able to get anything ready in time for last Christmas, but I am determined to get this working well before 2010 Christmas.

Being a programmer by profession I developed sequencing software designed just for a grid of CCRs.

My design principle is to never directly edit the standard .lms file. Instead, I have a meta file which is the source file for the effects. The effects can be exported as an .lms file and then they are playable by the standard Light-O-Rama sequence editor.

You can see 2 videos which are examples of what I have done so far by going to youtube and searching for Cosmic Color Ribbon. Or  you can use the links below:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xDhMO2KcLcw

I now have a demo version of the software ready. I will soon have it on my website at www.superstarlights.com but until then you can email me at superstarlights1@aol.com and I will email it to you. I am eager to get feedback on what poeple like in the program and what could be improved or added.

-Brian Bruderer

Brian, great job!

You have some wheels turning!

Yes, I would hope they could drop the price some. One possibility is for them to make a controller that would control several CCRs and sell the controller and ribbons as a package deal. I have sent an email to them from their "wish list" section of the forum.

Redbirdruss wrote:

Uh (drool)....:shock:

If only the CCR's were 1/2 their current price...

I just played around with your demo software and THAT IS COOL!

Once you get a hang of it, it's pretty neat with what you can do. I'd love to see how the output is inserted into a LOR sequence but I see the potential.

Keep up the good work!

• 2 weeks later...

I have Cosmic Color Ribbon Demo 3 on youtube now. Eventually it will show up by searching for "Cosmic Color Ribbon" but for now you need to use the following link:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S--PUgfc1uQ

The sequence is 2 minutes long, my favorite effect is the "blast down" at 1:35. The colors and 50 pixels per ribbon allow even more effects than I originally imagined!

Waaooo, Great job Brian. Hey since we need 12 CCRs to do what you have shown is possible maybe we can get volume discounts :D. Again great job :}

Yeah great job! Too bad I have two kids getting ready to enter college:-( Won't have much disposable income to buy 12 CCR's (still might get a couple more though to add to the 2 I have).

• The topic was locked